High elves army list 2000pt

Yondaime

Hi guys

I'd be very glad if you guys could help on my first AOS aelvs list (i played 8th and with the points back in aos i want to give it a try)

so

Leaders

Dragonlord 400

Caradryan 100

Loremaster 100

Teclis 200

Anointed on Frost phoenix 260

Anointed on Frost phoenx 260

Units

10x Phoenix guard 200

10x Phoenix guard 200

5x Dragon blades 160

Totem

Bolt thrower 120

My point is to use the loremaster and teclis to cast hand of glory on bolt throwerand dragonlord/phoenix, while caradryan can made PG reroll on wounds

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

PS: Sorry for bad english, is not my native language

PPS: i play generally vs vampire counts, any advice against them?

Hi Yondaime, 

just a few thoughts. If you're planning to play matched play as it's written in the GHB, you'll need 3 battle-line units. At the moment I don't think you have any. The options battleline units for a high Elf type army are:

Reavers (Swifthawk Agents Faction)

Ellyrian Reavers (Legacy Compendium)

High Elf Spearmen (Legacy Compendium)

Silverhelms (Legacy Compendium)

The alternative is to stick to one faction such as Swifthawk agents to unlock faction specific battleline units such as Shadow Warriors and Spreiguard

Hope this helps!

On 19/12/2016 at 6:15 PM, ppetford said:

Hi Yondaime, 

just a few thoughts. If you're planning to play matched play as it's written in the GHB, you'll need 3 battle-line units. At the moment I don't think you have any. The options battleline units for a high Elf type army are:

Reavers (Swifthawk Agents Faction)

Ellyrian Reavers (Legacy Compendium)

High Elf Spearmen (Legacy Compendium)

Silverhelms (Legacy Compendium)

The alternative is to stick to one faction such as Swifthawk agents to unlock faction specific battleline units such as Shadow Warriors and Spreiguard

Hope this helps!

Ty so much :D

I am having troubles making a list

Could someone please give me tips (like good battleline units/batallion) on making a good HE list?

Hi, Reavers are promising to be one of the best battle line unit in the game, so 3 units of Reavers as your 3 battleline can be a  very good start.

(Imagine, they shot 3 times !!!! ) 

Then it's either you go for a battalion (Dragonlord host for Order Draconis for example) or your play different synergies.

As I see you have lots of Phoenix (guards and anointed...) , I would go this way with the Phoenix Temple faction (Correct me if I am wrong I don't have my order battletome with me) and see if the battalion is good enough.... 

Hope it helps a little

51 minutes ago, Sombremine said:

Hi, Reavers are promising to be one of the best battle line unit in the game, so 3 units of Reavers as your 3 battleline can be a  very good start.

(Imagine, they shot 3 times !!!! ) 

Then it's either you go for a battalion (Dragonlord host for Order Draconis for example) or your play different synergies.

As I see you have lots of Phoenix (guards and anointed...) , I would go this way with the Phoenix Temple faction (Correct me if I am wrong I don't have my order battletome with me) and see if the battalion is good enough.... 

Hope it helps a little

It helps a lot ty :D

so in a 2000 pt game if i want to use Phoenix guards i can only use the batalion or go full phoenix

So if i use

Leaders

Anointed on frosheart phoenix 260

Caradryan 100

Teclis 200

Loremaster 100

Units

10x phoenix guards 200

10x phoenix guards 200

5x reavers 160

5x reavers 160

5x reaver 160

Chariot 80

Behemots

Flamespyre phoenix 280

Spyreheart batalion 100

Tot 2000

is good?

Ty very much for your help i really apreciate it :D

PS: so i can use the swordmaster only if i go full eldrich council? O.o 

You're welcome,

The list is valid.

basically, in AoS you have restriction but as long as you respect them (3 battleline units, max 6 leaders, max 4 behemoth, max 4 warmachines) you're good to go and you can take whatever you like as long as they have the same Allegiance (Order, Destruction, Death, Chaos) for your example it's order. 

by the way, ScrollBuilder.com is your friend to build list as it tells you the restrictions the General'sHandbook is also a must.

Regarding Phoenix temple or Eldritch council , these faction, have very few units so to help you build a list if you take all units in the same faction (so all eldritch council for example) then some units become batlleline so you can have a legit army (don't know if I am clear, hopefully my example will be ...)

example :

You want to do a full Phoenix Temple army, then Phoenix guards become battleline, so as long as you have the keyword "Phoenix temple" in all the warscroll of your army then Phonix guards are battleline which allow you to field your 3 battleline units are requested and have a full Phoenix temple army.

Same goes with Eldritch council with the SwordMasters

Please also note that some Legacy Warscrolls (Teclis Tyrion...) have the Highborn keyword and cannot be field in my Phoenix temple army example.

Hope it's clear (english is not my first language so apologies for the wording)

The Spyreheart Warhost battalion calls form an 'annointed' model. Can Caradryan fulfill this role? He has the 'Annointed of Asuryan' keyword but not the singular 'annointed' keyword.

if your intention is to use the Caradryan model with rules from the Annointed warscroll then ignore me!

Put an annointed in flamespyre phoenix too, its free!

i don t like play compendium units..in many tournament you can t play them and you can t guy them from GW too

about the rest I think 2x10 or 1x20 Phoenix guard it's your choice..2x10 is versactile and they are pretty tanky unit so it can work!!:)

Archived