Events UK: Masters 2016/17 at Warhammer World

Ben

5 hours ago, Nico said:

Sedge should win it. No-one seems to have a hard counter to his Arrer Boyz (the Arrer Boyz by themselves can delete virtually anything that isn't on a 35/36 save within range even without attacking twice, epecially thanks to the wonders of Damned Terrain. Apparently he has some other fun stuff in his list as well.

Doesn't warrior brotherhood counter his list? Drop down, kill hero's?

• Like 2

Doesn't warrior brotherhood counter his list? Drop down, kill hero's?

I haven't seen it in action, but I suspect not. The Kunning Rukk bonuses are just gravy on top of the real problem which is 40 models with 80 wounds and 120 attacks that they can pile buffs onto. Unless the WB gets a double turn (which is admittedly 50% of the time), I cannot see them killing the heroes the first turn with pew pew and grinding through another 80 odd wounds of Savage Orruks and Moonclan, before they can even touch the Orruk Archers. As soon as he fires back (likely with the Damned Terrain buff and frankly his general should be one of the Arrer Boyz with Bellowing Shout  and maybe mystical terrain if he fancies a gamble, everything in range will die, especially 4+ save Paladins.

I haven't had the time until now to check which model is the general, I've now looked and he has actually made the champion of his 5 model, 15 wound pig unit the general, which is probably genius, since it's the lowest priority in terms of damage output. Take a bow! Very Kunning! They will likely be sitting in the middle of a donut of Arrerboyz, - never going to die from pew pew fast enough to take out the Bellowing Shout. This means that the Arrer Boyz will be hitting on 4+, or 3+ with one damned terrain or 2+ with two damned terrain. Rerolling ones to hit, unless you kill the Maniak as well.

Once the WB have committed enough models, the pen of cheap bodies guarding the Stonelord and stopping Protectors from reaching it with 3" range will open (which is not that far off full damage output even with a significant number of wounds shot off) and it will delete several units in response. The WB isn't immune to Battleshock either. The only query I have is why a Hunter instead of a cheap Shaman - if he casts mystic shield on the Stonelord successfully that will often be game changing - perhaps the Hunter is to deal with enemy artillery crew? 

I think this is called effective Target Saturation.

The WB can play the battleplan well and try to outscore the enemy on some Battleplans, but they simply don't have the damage output to deal with a horde (let alone a horde with a Stonelord and all the other fun things in the list).

Edited by Nico
  • Like 1

This is why, though they're not as good overall as the other two paladin options, I still consider Decimators when I make Warrior Brotherhood. There's so much bubblewrapping with Grots and Boyz that having something that just scythes through blobs and makes Battleshock even worse is amazing. Plus, there are so many -1 to hit units (Thundertusks and Mournguls notably) that Retributors are often without their 2MW swings. 

That said, I'm excited to see the games. Will there be WarhammerTV coverage or just reports? Who should I follow on Twitter?

Plus, there are so many -1 to hit units (Thundertusks and Mournguls notably) that Retributors are often without their 2MW swings. 

Yup. Not to mention Sylvaneth! I like Protectors as good all rounders.

Its not enteirly about killing the shooters.  WB can dominate in some of the battle plans.  particularly 3 Gift from the heavens. 

That's true.

Anywhere they can use the drip feed a unit at a time to score while keeping the hammer blow in reserve is also useful. I don't mean to say that it's a shoe in. I would just say that Sedge is my pick to win it.

Edited by Nico

Here is the first round draw in full

Rob Perrin vs Ben Johnson
Tony Moore vs Luke McHugh
Darran Palmer vs Mark Wildman
Martin Morrin vs Terry Pike
Daniel Ford vs Ricky Mee
Jack Armstrong vs Byron Orde
Russ Veal  vs Pano
Kieran Harper vs Robert Sedgeman

any full round one predictions now?

2 hours ago, Countmoore said: