What is a unit? (Hiding an assassin)

Blish

Question

Hello,

Is there any clarification on what a "unit" is?

In Generals Handbook, all models have min and max unit size, even if it is 1. And in the rules, it does make it sound like a single model can be a unit.

I am thinking of running a Shadowblades Assassin, which has an ability to set up in hiding within one of your units. Hiding an assassin in a unit of archers makes sense, hiding him in a unit of 1 Archmage seems silly. But what about a unit of 3 giant eagles? What about a unit of 1 giant eagle?

Is there an official stance on what a unit is?

I think using an eagle to deliver an assassin to an enemy hero would be good fun, but would like to make sure that it is within the rules before playing a potentially persnickety local game shop player.

5 answers to this question

On 12/17/2016 at 8:00 PM, Blish said:

Thanks both.

Thinking now of hiding the assassin in a Tennebrael Shard, as a pungent hero killing duo. ?⚔️

Don't know which assassin you are using but the Dark elf one and Skaven ones are limited by the keywords the units they are hiding in need. But while checking on the Dark elves one I see that on the site they don't have that limitation anymore... which opens up more options. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 08.31.15.png

Archived