Waystone pathfinders build/question

Dracothjay

So, putting together my waystone pathfinders list I've realised that 3 BATTLELINE requirement units can only consist of glade guard IF you chose the nomad prince as general, where as if you chose the waystrider or wayfinder more options open to up as bline units.

does anyone ever run this formation WITHOUT the nomad prince as general? I love his CA, coupled with glade guard is amazing, but you have to chose 3 bline units, which is annoying as to meet that requirement I've selected 1 unit of 20 glade guard and 2 units of 10 glade guard. The annoying part is the 2 smaller units lose out on shooting effeiciency due to the small unit size not recovering the 20 man unit buffs.

how do you run your WP formations?

For Waystone Pathfinders, I've tinkered with two possible lists.

First up

Nomad Prince    1    80
    Glade Guard    20    240      Battleline
    Sisters of the Watch    10    240   Battleline
    Glade Guard    20    240       Battleline        
    Eternal Guard    30    240
    Sisters of the Thorn    5    220
    Spellweaver    1    100
    Waywatcher    1    100     General
    Waystrider    1    80
    Waystrider    1    80
    Sisters of the Thorn    5    220

Battalion        140

Total Points: 1980

Next List

Nomad Prince    1    80    General
    Glade Guard    20    240   Battleline
    Eternal Guard    30    240
    Spellweaver    1    100
    Waywatcher    1    100
    Waystrider    1    80
    Waywatcher    1    100

Battalion        140

Total Points   2000

If you go for the Nomad Prince as your General, I think you really need to commit to the glade guard being 20 strong each. They will hit as well as the Sisters of the Watch (until they take damage) and have great, though limited, Rend potential. If you go the route of Waywatcher to get the Sisters as Battleline, you could conceivably run all Sisters, but lose out on serious rend. I think you still need some GG, but since 20 gg cost the same as 10 Sisters they are really interchangeable.

I think the Wanderers need the Eternal Guard backed up by Sisters of the Thorn's Shield of Thorns and Mystic Shield to lock down enemy units for the range to make pin cushions. Wildwood Rangers are too situational and expensive.

Wild Riders are not good, so become an expensive tax for what they do. Better IMO to go for broke on the Sisters of the Thorn and take two units. Backed up by the Spellweaver, these units will be a pain for your opponent. 

Archived