General AOS lore thread.

shinros

On 12/22/2016 at 7:22 PM, Zeratan said:

A world inhabited only by undead and people of Cryptborn's temper would certainly be free of Chaos. Afterall who is going to feed the Dark gods if everyone is in full control of their desires and emotions or even completly devoted of them.

My hope is that we'll see a lot more free will exhibited by all the various heroes (i.e. Beyond vampires) in the Death factions when compared to WHFB.  Otherwise, I think Death will be a bit stale going forward and will undermine the potential stories and character of factions like Death Rattle, Night Haunts, etc.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, xking said:

Whats up with the half naked serving women? I was surprised when I read that, especially in a place where there are a ton of statues of Sigmar and saints of Sigmar.

They are nobles, High bred nobles, pure nobles from ayzr, see where I am going with this? They don't have a care in the world in that section in the city they note that there is barely anyone there and it seems very structured and orderly. No merchants looking for a place to sell their goods. 

Here is the section. When callis was with the witch hunter visiting someone in the noble section hell reading it again it's men AND women since they give no direct gender. 

"The food was so artfully crafted and colourful that it hardly seemed edible at all to callis, Crystalline spears of sugar - coated fruit, learning towers of cake and sweetmeats, geometric arragement of brightly coloured shapes, like everyting in this place were works of art to be admired, Lithe, half - naked  figures wearing gauze masks wove in and out of the reclining diners, scooping up platters of half-eaten food. Out in the Veins, the waste alone might have kept a family fed for weeks."

Tzeentch thrives on civilization and if slaanesh was around? He would have a field day with these people it's the reason why tzeentch is rising so much people in power wanting to know or gain more. Tzeentch and slaanesh are not exactly warmongers they are subtle. 

Couple questions here:

Are Stormcast Eternal forever locked in their ranks? For example, if a guy was Reforged as a Liberator, would he stay a Liberator forever, since he is immortal?

I know that one can battle his mates in Gladitorium to become a Prime. But with time, everyone would become a Prime which defeats the purpose, as i see it. Also, Paladins must test themselves every time they are Reforged to join the Stormhosts' Extremis Chamber, which kinda counts as promotion, but they were initially cast as Paladins so you can't become one. Can't you?

Who commands the Chamber while their Lord-Celestant is being Reforged? Lord-Relictors and so on, until nobody is left?

4 hours ago, edouard said:

Couple questions here:

Are Stormcast Eternal forever locked in their ranks? For example, if a guy was Reforged as a Liberator, would he stay a Liberator forever, since he is immortal?

I know that one can battle his mates in Gladitorium to become a Prime. But with time, everyone would become a Prime which defeats the purpose, as i see it. Also, Paladins must test themselves every time they are Reforged to join the Stormhosts' Extremis Chamber, which kinda counts as promotion, but they were initially cast as Paladins so you can't become one. Can't you?

Who commands the Chamber while their Lord-Celestant is being Reforged? Lord-Relictors and so on, until nobody is left?

I see no reason why they can't up their ranks Ramus(character in the audio drama) had to complete loads of trials to become a Lord relictor. The person who is in second of command of the chamber is normally the hero character that comes along with the Lord celestant.

Hence why in majority of stories involving stormcast have you noticed they always have one of the hero characters with them? Castellant, Relictor, knigh ayzros etc it's just in case something happens to the Lord celestant.

Grimm's whole story with the sylvaneth was about how he a Lord castellant had to lead the whole of the sylvaneth mission related to the everqueen. Due to his Lord celestant dying, of course sigmar may choose other wise and have another hero lead the chamber like Ramus.

Another lore guru by the name of Lord Kragan gave me permission to add this post to the lore thread. I think it's a wonderful summary of the general timeline of the AOS setting from the end of end times up to now. Please throw a few likes to his lore videos as well since he covers the campaign books as well.

Even if the audio is quite spotty the lore information is pretty awesome. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah so I got the new warhammer quest the fluff book is pretty great also it reveals the things necessary to wake up slaanesh, plus the information does lend to a good theory on "how" Tyrion, Malerion and teclis captured slaanesh. I will make a post Soon TM.

Also how the nobles act in city of secrets and the importance of blood line purity etc I think is going to be a main stay in AOS considering the description of nobles in the fluff book. 

How the races live literally reminds me of elder scrolls in a good way. 

Yeah so I got the new warhammer quest the fluff book is pretty great also it reveals the things necessary to wake up slaanesh, plus the information does lend to a good theory on "how" Tyrion, Malerion and teclis captured slaanesh. I will make a post Soon TM.
Also how the nobles act in city of secrets and the importance of blood line purity etc I think is going to be a main stay in AOS considering the description of nobles in the fluff book. 
How the races live literally reminds me of elder scrolls in a good way. 

Currently reading City of Secrets. Damn good read so far. Perhaps the best descriptions of humans, city life, and so much more that we have available.

Also, agree on Shadows Over Hammerhall . Very good info there too.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Lord Cedric said:

Currently reading City of Secrets. Damn good read so far. Perhaps the best descriptions of humans, city life, and so much more that we have available.

Also, agree on Shadows Over Hammerhall . Very good info there too.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Indeed, what's great reading the fluff book even aelf's and duardin are involved, one of the characters in the pit fights(where you can earn money) is an aelf and the black ark captain character was known to be great and ale drinking contests. They also detail one of the gangs in the city as well. What I will do I will put up the information on the characters, estbalishments you can visit and the various lore notes. 

I really do like how they are keeping with the theme that nobles from ayzr and somewhat the middle class are obsessed with keeping ayzerite "bloodline" pure. 

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

This just keeps reinforcing my point that AoS is drawing inspiration from the age of exploration era of the XV-XVI and the azyrite's worries are just keeping with the limpieza de sangre and trying to avoid mestizaje.

I am going to go search this stuff up on google now...

edit:Right it does fit quite a lot in context of chaos as well and beastmen birth since the people who lived outside of ayzr coming into the cities their bloodline might actually be tainted(due to many of them being enslaved by chaos or lived in a chaos controlled realm via hiding). Of course this might not be the case with all of them. Still the reclaimed have trouble finding good jobs due to the racism from the humans of ayzr according to city of secrets. 

Right I am liking this fluff book already the Cogsmith calls the Lord castellant a "boy"(they are friends) for daring to even consider that something built by a Duardin/dwarf would topple and collapse with time. The structure they are examining is the Bellows tower I shall explain in the warhammer quest post when I do it. :D

Coalbeard pointed at the ruined building. "These are bellow - towers, they were built by duardin hands, boy. thousands of em, all across the city. Vent the gas that builds up bellow ground, disperse the heat. They're built to last. 

Avrios: Buildings fall, my friend. Nothing, even your fine work, lasts forever. 

Coalbeard snorted in frustration

Coalbeard: Yeh want to let me finish, boy? Think I'd take you from yer duties if there wasn't a darned good reason?

Arvios could not help but smile. there were scant few mortals in the realms who would refer to a stormcast eternal as "boy" to their face in so flippant a manner. That curmudgeonly disregard for convention was one of the things he liked most about the irascible engineer.

Dwarfs/Duardin still don't take such talk from anyone. xD 

Yeah it does seem instead of releasing a short novel for this they put the novel in the guidebook. 

Extract 2

"Yeh're in a lot of trouble son; said Coalbbeard, stepping forwards and lifting the man's head with his calloused fingers. "For the moment we are simply talking about the theft of valuable materials from your employer; said Sunhelm(Lord castellant Arvios)

(There is a Aelf loremaster with them his name is Alnaryn. He came from hammerhal ghyra investigating, because in hammerhal ghyra food is being poisoned, tree's dying and disease rampant and the green wizards don't know the source. The eldritch council sent him instead of sending a team of swordmasters since it might tip off the people causing the problems. He has been following Arvios and coalbeard for a bit since it's highly likely the problems are linked. He caught the suspect and bought him back to the alchemist workshop together with the group to be interrogated) 

"But given the evidence linking this substance to the destruction of a part of the city's infrastructure, there is a case for you to be charged with high treason. You know the punishment for treason, do you not?" 

What little blood remained in Mertain's face drained away. Every citizen of Hammerhal knew the punishment. Traitors and heretics were cast from the Bridge of Penitents, in the shadow of the great cathedral of sigmar at the heart of the city, to be swept up in the river of molten stone that flowed beneath its soaring arches. 

(I imagine the order of ayzr(witch hunters) uses the bridge of Penitents a lot :P)

"Please; he pleaded. "Please I did not know! You have to believe me!". 

Ok reading the fluff book reminds me of city of secrets in a lot of ways it's a fun read IMO. 

Archived