New Beastclaw Raider army in the mail... what am I in for?

Shoe

Hello! 

For my first project of 2017, I picked up Icewind Assault and a Mournfang Pack box to round it off. 

If I use all the models, I have exactly 2k in this configuration (below) 

My question to the experienced: Is this a viable list? What am I missing? 

I'm not the world's most competitive player but I don't want to model my big centerpieces incorrectly, if this is a configuration I won't be running very often. 

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- General
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
Icebrow Hunter (160)

Units
Frost Sabres x 2 (60)
Frost Sabres x 2 (60)
Icefall Yhetees x 3 (120)
Mournfang Pack x 4 (400)
Mournfang Pack x 4 (400)

Total: 2000/2000

Hi, i have order some Beastclaw Riders to building a new army too. At  the moment i'm reading the Beastclaw Battletome. I want a funktioniert list with only mountet units. If i am right Your list has only two battleline units. Frost Sabres become battleline wen the Hunter is the General and the Yherees If your General is a Frostlord on Thundertusk. To solve the problem you could make the Hunter Your General. 

Sabers and the hunter are a bit lackluster imo. If you drop those and one unit of mournfang you can have another frostlord on stonefang.

You'll be worse at taking objectives but beastclaw will not win that game either way. You need to wipe some models from the table before you'll have "more models within 6"" of anything.

Stonehorns are amazing fighters and thundertusk 6 mortal wound shooting is stupid against armys that rely on low wound heroes for buffs like bloodbound or flesh eaters.

edit: I understand that this is what you'll have at the start and for a 2k army it's good. Frostlords are killers on stonehorns and huskars are great on thundertusk for both the healing and mortal wound spamming.

I'd consider making the Huskard your general so you can throw the stonehorn in and not worry too much about losing command abilities.

I've not used a pure Beastclaw force, but have used the Frostlord on stonehorn in my gutbuster list and its awesome! I found the best way to use him was as a missile. Bellow at him, take a swig from the battle brew and make sure he's on the 12 inch line across from something tasty. With an average destruction move you can be in turn one.

With the bellow the stonehorns horns are hitting on 2s along with everything else (instead of 4s). I also ran mine with a gutbuster BSB for mortal wounds in addition to other dmg on the roll of a 6 or more, I believe you can get this benefit with a battalion in beastclaw raiders? If you can I'd suggest that so that your frostlord is then also causing mortal wounds as well on a 5+ (due to battle brew(one swig)) in addition to all other dmg. 

Archived