Curse of Years. (Arkhan the Black)

khsofsso

Question

7 answers to this question

The spell has no interaction with the Rules of One, you are not rolling to hit, to wound or save.

If you get to rolling 1's the unit is effectively removed from play as you go into an endless cycle of causing infinite damage.

There are a few other abilities unaffected by the Rules of One, the Warp Lightning Cannon is a great example, rolling a 1 for its special strength value just causes 6 mortal wounds as rolling the dice isn't needed as you cant fail to roll 1 or more.

hence why i still apply the rule for that (Not that you have to) just causes a little less RAGE from opponents.

I dont expect other people to but i seem to always be very lucky with that spell . . . . .

Litrally wiped out half someone army (about 4 units) with it once O_o

Couldnt blame them for being a little put out.

adding the 1 just adds a bit more suspense and gives them a fighting chance.

But again to emphasize the original question.

It dosent apply. so dont feel that you have to.

The spell has no interaction with the Rules of One, you are not rolling to hit, to wound or save.

If you get to rolling 1's the unit is effectively removed from play as you go into an endless cycle of causing infinite damage.

There are a few other abilities unaffected by the Rules of One, the Warp Lightning Cannon is a great example, rolling a 1 for its special strength value just causes 6 mortal wounds as rolling the dice isn't needed as you cant fail to roll 1 or more.

Exactly.

If hypothetically, you did treat the Curse of Years roll as a to wound roll then that would actually make the spell far deadlier on average. Mystical terrain - reroll all the roughly 8 non-sixes and get another 6 - 3 mortal wounds. Vlad's Command Ability - Now it's 3.33 mortal wounds on average from the roll. Both of these combined....

Infernal Gateway would be a lot worse combined with mystical or Daemonic Power were it a to wound roll (which it isn't).

Archived