Hand of dust nagash

Tizianolol

5 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

It's hardly OP on a 900 point model. Nagash isn't very good in matched play due to the many limits on his best parts.

Amazing in narrative/open play though.

That was what i thought. If he still had is full summoning capability then it would be the straw that broke the camels back.

But with matched play rules it balances it out somewhat. Atleast in theory (As i said havent used it enough in matched play to know)

6 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

I had this doubt because you got 50% chance to oneshot enemy model lol..i think it need Faq :)

It doesn't need any sort of FAQ. The spell itself has a 3" range which means you have to be in combat to cast it. He has a pitched battle profile and is legal in any game size you can actually take him while filling the requirements for an army. Honestly he's not a good choice in matched play due to the way the scenarios score.

Yep, bear in mind it's a 3" range in your hero phase. Best case scenario, your opponent had the initiative that round (but it's now your turn), you charge in,  fight one round of combat without dying or killing the thing you really want to kill, then get the double-turn and one-shot said nasty. Getting the double-turn to do that is only 50/50, though.

Or your opponent charges you, gets one round of combat without killing Nagash or getting killed, then your opponent doesn't get a double-turn and you one-shot his model in your hero phase. That relies on your opponent deciding it's worth the risk, though.

Also bear in mind, even at full wounds it's only a 5/6 chance of casting (you need a 5+ on 2D6), and your opponent has a chance to unbind (albeit, they have to beat your roll when you have a potential +3).

Either way, you're not going to get to use it without having gone through at least one round of combat first.

And Nagash basically has to kill 900pts worth of models to get his points back, in most games you could HoD your enemy's two biggest things and still not make that. (But ok, he'll be doing other stuff besides just casting Hand of Dust).

Hand of dust is overblown. "OMG IT'S INSTANT KILL!" Yep. just like archaon, alarielle, mighty lord of khorne, treelords, and skarbrand. all of them have an instant kill mechanic. I suggested that for GHB2 they cut nagash's price down to something similar to the other gods since matched play makes most of his big scary abilities useless 

Archived