Ironjawz 1k Adepticon Tournament

BelgianBeerBear

Hey all, I am building my first real competitive list for adepticon this upcoming year and wanted to get a head start so I could test out the list beforehand. I have signed up for the vanguard 1k tournament and am planning on bringing a pure ironjawz list. These are the two variations of the list i was thinking of playing.

Megaboss - 140

Warchanter - 80

Ard Boyz 2x10 - 360

Brutes 2x5 - 360

Ironfist - 80

Total - 1000

or

Black Ork Big Boss - 100

Megaboss - 140

Ard Boyz 2x10 - 360

Brutes 2x5 - 360

Ironfist - 80

Total - 1020

My ard boys are equipped with 10x 2h weapons and 10x shields, while i have magnetized all of my brutes so they can be either JGH or double choppas. I was hoping for some thoughts and changes you all would make from you comp experiences. 

Also my collection is comprised of 

2 Megabosses 

1 BOBB

1 Warchanter

1 Wierdnob

2x10 Ard Boys

3x5 Brutes

2x3 Gore-gruntas

Only the first army is legal. The Adepticon vanguard rules states "Each army will be comprised of up to 1000 points".

Ironfist is only 60 points but the total is correct so the 1020 point army isn't legal.

First one seems fine though. I would run something similar. Not sure if I'd run 3x brutes and 1x ardboys or two of each like you.

Yeah I was worried it wouldn't be. I do like the BOBB's command ability to help with battleshock but by himself it doesn't seem worth it. I had played around with a list that was a BOBB and five units 2x ardboys 2x brutes and gore-grunta but it lacks pretty much any synergy so felt foolish. I got the forge world orc command set and absolutely love the orc boss so I was tempted to use it. Contemplated switching out the mega boss for him from the first list but since I've never played a tournament not really sure how much of an impact being under the point limit makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought the warchanter buff better, but I'd wait and see what others say. Love to see your magnetisation though,  I am planning on doing so myself.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/252897085/100pcs-3mm-x-1mm-18-x-132-inches-n-52?ref=hp_rv
Highly recommend these magnets cheap and super strong

I'd look at Trying to proxy in Grimgor Ironhide, especially if they'll let you use Da Immortalz. I'd build a list of 20 Ardboyz, 10 Brutes, a boss and a Warchanter,ironfisted. Depending on the scenarios played you could do the Ardboyz as 2 units or one. I'd definitely go with double choppas on e'rybody though. It's just better. 

I took a very similar list to the facehammer GT path to glory 1000 pts (and came second) 

megaboss (ravager & battlebrew)

warchanter (meteoric hammerblade)

10 ardboyz

3 goregruntas 

5 brutes

5 brutes

Ironfist 

=1000 exactly 

the two brutes units had claw and smasha so a nice spread of rend -2 across the army and with 2d6+2 movement in hero phase really fast and able to put pressure on as armies are smaller and easier to pin down. I think ironjawz can be rally strong at only One thousand points good luck at adepticon!

At adepticon they require you to submit your list with equipment for units so I don't know if I get to switch between 10-20 model units and flip their gear around. Which is a bummer. I need to find out if the slate bases I made are legal since they'll be measuring from the base in the tournament anyway so I'll check about the grimgor and da immortalz. Ard boyz don't have the black ork key word but they're the same model so hopefully they won't be that picky about it.@Sangfroid did you find you really needed the mobility of the goregruntas for a small game? I was thinking of keeping all infantry so they stay in buff range since I'm not super worried about controlling enemy movement on a small board

Thanks, any photos of yours? Also I have the forgeworld boss, mount him on a larger bass and build it up so you can slot the 32mm or whatever you have him on easy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm out of town for the next week and a half and don't have pics on me but if you shoot me a message I'll remember to when I'm back. Worked out a decent system with drilling into the torso and using green stuff for the limbs so your not trying to drill parallel holes. Makes it super easy

@BelgianBeerBear as was previously stated the second army wouldn't be allowed, rules are fairly strict at A-Conn in terms of accuracy of points! 

My 1,000pts. List is identical to @Sangfroid minus the war-chanter having meteoric hammer. Ironjawz are very good at 1,000 point games because "most" armies don't have access to battle lines that hit as hard as brutes that can be fit into 1,000pts effectively. Warchanter is is a must IMO for the brutes to do brute thangs. 

See you at A-Conn mate!

The meteoric hammer was something I thought I'd try out to give the chanter some use if I needed him but in the end never used it so would plump for Talisman of protection now I guess. 

I really rate goregruntas I know everyone rails on them a bit, but in a smaller game the fact that with average Ironfist, destruction & ravager moves you should have a 6" charge from them if you needed them. With Warchanter buff 3 going into say 5 liberators or 5 judicators all stacks the odds in your favour, even if they only kill one or two they should live long enough to hold up the enemy and divert attention from the brutes and Megaboss, set your expectations low with the pigs and they usually will do better than nothing ?

22 hours ago, Orruk'sPizza said:

I tried with good risult this list

Megaboss 

2*weirnoob shaman 

Warchanter 

5*brutes

20*ardboyz

1000point

Not easy to play but very powerfull 

What are you accomplishing with two shaman that another unit of brutes and an Ironfist battalion won't?

Archived