Will Warhammer Fest be Amazing?

It's the head design of a Lord-Relictor.

======

Forgeworld first access round-up:

Warhammer-Fest-domitar-ferrum-251x300.jp
Warhammer-Fest-stormbird-251x300.jpg
rubio.jpg
Warhammer-Fest-titan-Banner.jpg
forge-world-dice-1-300x212.jpg
forge-world-dice-3-300x204.jpg
forge-world-dice-2-300x261.jpg
forge-world-dice-4.jpg
pic1_lrg.jpg

=====

from the GW newsletter: 

We can also announce that Games Workshop’s newly appointed Middle-earth team will be showcasing their projects at Warhammer Fest. 

AND you'll get First Access to formerly out-of- production products like all five The Lord of The Rings TM Sourcebooks and several absent Citadel miniatures! We're revealing more soon... 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I choose not to go on the Sunday because of Golden Demon. The bundle to view the entries means that you have to fight to get a good look at one cabinet, if you want to look at all the cabinets then you need to spend a fair bit of time there and it will have to be in the middle part of the day when all the seminars etc will be going on. Even then you don't always get the best look at all the models, most of the models will appear online anyway so I feel that I am not missing out hugely. Especially when looking at cool models is only part of my hobby.

Talking to authors, sculpters, painters, designers etc etc for me is more valuable than looking at every nice model in the competition. Also because of Golden Demon the sunday is busier than the saturday which means I would have less time around the seminars to talk to all those great people.

And if you think it then it must be right. ;)

In the future however I might change as I have started to get to know a few of the winners so it would be cool to meet up with them. The problems of having a Golden Demon winner as a co-host.

I'll be there....had no intention of going as was disappointed last year....it's amazing how free stuff can change my mind! ?

The way GW have been so active in the community recently I'm actually quite excited to see what they do.

Return of the Ruins!

Osgiliath-Ruins

The Middle-earth™ team are preparing for their first adventure together, as they get ready to greet the masses at Warhammer Fest. Come along and meet them on the day and learn all about the future of the Strategy Battle Game.

Not only will you be able to get First Access to reprinted out-of-production The Lord of The Rings™ Sourcebooks, and the first returning miniatures, one of the items making a welcome return is the fantastic Ruins of Osgiliath kit, a plastic scenery set that’s perfect for your Middle-earth™ adventures.

There will be a limited number available to buy each day at Warhammer Fest, before they are generally available, so if you want to recapture Gondor’s ancient capital (or just populate your game board with awesomely detailed plastic Middle-earth terrain), don’t hang about.

- See more at: http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2016/05/11/the-eye-of-sauron-gazes-upon-warhammer-fest/#sthash.2bYXknkq.dpuf

The Osgiliath ruins going back into production is excellent news. As is the re-printing of the sourcebooks. I've been trying to get some for a while now second hand but the outlook has been dire.

Sadly, Warhammer Fest is out of my reach for the foreseeable future, being here in the states. But I am very happy to see the direction GW is taking after the abysmal showing at the last US Games Day; it truly was the lowest point of my 25 years in this hobby. This really feels like a new golden age; its like the late 90s again but with better models!

Archived