Age of Sigmar in VA?

BadDice0809

There is a new GW store in Richmond.  That is probably your best bet.  Dragons Den was there and trying to get AoS going but was not successful as far as I'm aware.  None of the other stores were active but I haven't checked in a few months.

A friend and I live in Williamsburg.  Which side of Richmond are you?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Just about out to move to VA from the UK for three years and I'm really interested in the local AoS community.  I have some AoS tournament experience and multiple armies should people need help setting up!

Moving to Newport News but prepared to travel several hours as this is my hobby!

Matt

Hello Matt.

Warhammer was never really huge in Newport News and Hampton as far as I'm aware but before AOS, Jersey's Comics in Yorktown used to get 8-20 players for tournaments (at least that's what I've been told).  AOS was really poorly received but I believe that they are trying to drum up some new momentum for the new year.  My understanding is that their community imploded with AOS.  I would definitely check it out however.  The owner seems to be a really solid guy as well.  This was the most active store that I found during 8th.

There is a GW in Norfolk which might be your best bet.  The Richmond store unfortunately is on the West side of Richmond, which makes it 1:15 hours from Williamsburg and probably 1:40 or so from NN.  You might make it in 1:30 if you're on the West side of NN.

Warmahordes seems to be the game of choice in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake but I'm sure there are communities that I just don't know about.

• 1 year later...

Hey @Matt H and @BadDice0809!

We are a bunch who play in association with the Warhammer Store and Battlegrounds (south of Richmond). We hang out at Battlegrounds every Thursday night from between 7-8 until when the close or we get tired. You should both come and hang out at meet us. I'm Oscar. You can find me on Instagram or Twitter: @Oscarlars. Shoot me a DM here on on there and we can get a friendly game in too. :)

Hope to see you both.

On 12/7/2016 at 7:00 PM, BadDice0809 said:

South. Far far south unfortunately (as in Petersburg). I saw Battlegrounds in Midlothian has a AoS day on Sundays. I stopped by last Sunday... and no one was playing. 

Unfortunately our community is slow growing, and their designated day isn't much to go by. Please come on Thursday night to game, hobby, and hang!

• 3 months later...

Hey all,
I thought I'd reach out and let people know that the 13th Legion has a Chapter in the DMV area. We're headquartered at Reiter's Books in DC. We meet on Saturdays. We have Facebook page, a group, and a Discord server where we set up games, list build, share hobby projects, etc. We're in the process of getting ready for NOVA and we're launching a Sigmar campaign next month. We've got a good size group. We're working with local businesses to setup more centrally located places to play and create a larger network between the existing communities in the area. 
https://www.facebook.com/13thlegiondmv/

Archived