Thunderers or Quarrellers...or Irondrakes?

hobgoblinclub

It's a question that has troubled dwarf players for generations: thunderers or quarrellers? 

Now that we're in a new age, we have new rules and a third option. 

So, do you go for the reliability of thunderers or the extra range/shots of quarrellers? Better still, is it worth the extra points for the awesomeness of Irondrakes? 

What do you think? 

I may not be the best at tactics, but i always go for a 30 man unit of quarrellers if i have the points.

Back them up with a double runelord rend rune and they can put out some damage...

I did get to use my irondrakes for the first time the other day. their lack of range made them slightly useless for the first half of the game. however once the enemy hit my front line they did deal out some pain. I dont see me reaching for these guys too often.

• 2 weeks later...

I am always in favour of the Thunderers because they don't need a Runelord to perform and that's 80 points or a Runelord that I Can use somewhere else. I, too, use Burlokson for range.

I do understand though the combo RuneLord Quarrelers.

As for the Irondrakes, they are a bit expensive for my taste, 180 or 200 would have been more than enough, but I do like their stats.

Archived