Death 1000pt Doubles Army

Natrapx

Greetings fellow denizens of Shyish! Me and my friend have been throwing around ideas for a doubles Death army 1f480.png?1f480.png?(no actual event in mind as of yet, although looking at the Warhammer world battle brothers next year) and we have come up with the following list/lists. Can we get some feedback on them please? 1f60a.png?

We don't want to go mega hard, or looking to do a WAAC type list, just somthing that is mildly competitive, but fun to play with.

My half is themed around Mousillon. The general idea being that the necromancer, in service of Arkhan, has raised up an ancient crypt deep in Shyish. The wight king will be themed as a Brettonian Lord, and the Tomb Banshee either a Lady or Damsel. I've attached a pic of my first 10 skeletons, aiming to get everything in that sort of theme. (sorry for the awful quality!)

My half:

Necromancer - 120
Wight King - 120
Tomb Banshee - 80

Skeletons x 20 - 160
Skeletons x 20 - 160
Black Knights x 10 - 240
Spirit Hosts x 3 - 120

1000 points

Friends Half:

Arkhan
20 Skeletons
20 Skeletons
5 Hexwraiths
Mortis Engine

1000 points

15241235_10101601934279895_7351557947998354090_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, Natrapx said:

Greetings fellow denizens of Shyish! Me and my friend have been throwing around ideas for a doubles Death army 1f480.png?1f480.png?(no actual event in mind as of yet, although looking at the Warhammer world battle brothers next year) and we have come up with the following list/lists. Can we get some feedback on them please? 1f60a.png?

We don't want to go mega hard, or looking to do a WAAC type list, just somthing that is mildly competitive, but fun to play with.

My half is themed around Mousillon. The general idea being that the necromancer, in service of Arkhan, has raised up an ancient crypt deep in Shyish. The wight king will be themed as a Brettonian Lord, and the Tomb Banshee either a Lady or Damsel. I've attached a pic of my first 10 skeletons, aiming to get everything in that sort of theme. (sorry for the awful quality!)

My half:

Necromancer - 120
Wight King - 120
Tomb Banshee - 80

Skeletons x 20 - 160
Skeletons x 20 - 160
Black Knights x 10 - 240
Spirit Hosts x 3 - 120

1000 points

Friends Half:

Arkhan
20 Skeletons
20 Skeletons
5 Hexwraiths
Mortis Engine

1000 points

15241235_10101601934279895_7351557947998354090_n.jpg

Looks fun, and has the story to back it up! Would love to see a Mournghoul in it if it was a higher point game! :)

How does the list building work? Because if you only need to take three battleline between you I'd recommend going for larger units of Skeletons as they generally tend to be better in larger numbers.

Would also say you'll get more benefit from the wight king as the general as his ability is more useful in this list than Arkhans although less fluffy - maybe the wight king is on work experience having a go at being general?!?

Also with Arkhans mega summoning you might want to hold some skellies or the banshee in reserves depending on the objectives. I do love the fluff of summoning, but it might be a great way to drop models near an objective 

Archived