Graveyard Display Board

HobbyHammer

A Little project I am doing for my brother for his birthday.

Thought i would do a little WiP thread on the progress of this 2'x2' display board for his Death army which will double up a graveyard we can use on a standard table when we play games.

Using the Garden of Morr kit along with lot of graveyards and some other scenery items. Below is the layout of the diorama I am hoping to achieve. If anyone has any suggestions on any of it please comment. All welcome. 

To achieve the cobblestone path way I will use Hobby Clay and sculpt it into a broken up path, the dirt will be done by mixing polyfiller, sand and brown acrylic paint, then washed down and drybrushed back up in a redder tone. This will be accompanied with some cracked drier areas with a green glow appearing through.

My first questions are, how do I approach the parts where the dirt and cobblestone meet and what sort of flock should I use to get most realistic effect?

FullSizeRender.jpg

37 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

That is absolutely stunning. Great work and love seeing the step by step basis. I've always wanted to build a display board akin to this but never thought it'd be doable.

Think I might have a summer project in the works now!

1 hour ago, Leviathus said:

Ooo very nice work!

Thank you very much, I was daunted by it at first but, once the steps were broken down, it was actually pretty quick. Already had the Garden of Morr kit painted which helped.

Killer display board! Couple little nitpicks, I think you should have brought the dirt/flock up to the edges of the terrain features a bit more. Like the hill in the lower left, I think it just stands out a bit and could have used more gradation. I also wanted to see more of that green, I was expecting some really cool and creepy green glow coming up from the ground!

Yer i Really wanted to do more of the green too, but i kind of covered it a little too much, tried to rectify and screwed it up more. Thanks for kind words though, the bases of the army have a lot more creepy green coming through. Ill post some of them soon too.

Archived