Summoned hero with artifact?

LJ26

I was wondering in matched play and in tournaments more specificaly  can you put an artifact on a summonable hero? The tournament I have coming up requires an unchangeable list outside of reserve points obviously. Would that be hiding my artifact since I don't necessarily have to use the same hero or any heroes everytime (I know it would be redundant but just for the sake of covering everything). Anyone have experience with this? 

The text describing Artefacts of Death in the General's Handbook tells you: "If a Death army includes any heroes, then one may bear a magical artefact. Declare which hero has the artefact after picking your general". RAW, because summoned heroes are not part of your army pre-deployment after you've picked your army general they can't be allocated artefacts, similarly to how in matched play games models summoned from points allocated to your summoning pool are independent of the maximum amount of a battlefield role you can field, allowing you to put more leaders, behemoths ect on the table than you would normally have been able to.

Yeah, summoned models are not part of your army until you summon them, and the artifact has to be assigned to a model in your army before you start deployment. So no, you can't assign them to a model that's not in your army, even if you intend to summon them in.

Archived