Best Missions for a 3-round Tournament

Nicard

Best Matched Play Missions for Tournament?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Matched Play Mission in a Tournament?

• Take and Hold
    • Blood and Glory
    • Escalation
    • Border War
    • Three Places of Power
    • Gifts from the Heavens

Hello TGA Community! I am running an Age of Sigmar event soon and am looking for feedback on which 3 missions I should run. Please vote in the above poll for your favorite mission, and (if you want) provide rationale for your selection below. Thanks!

Escalation and Gifts from the Heavens are probably my favourite matched play battleplans because they're the most different. Picking for a tournament I'd have to go for Three Places of Power though, because it most directly impacts the lists people will take. Alternatively, don't include Three Places of Power and see what lists people run without it. Win/win really.

Include either Take and Hold or Blood and Glory, because they're both fairly tricky to win a major victory at (if you're scoring major victories higher than minor). Just don't use them for the very first game because people will will blame the fact they weren't drawn against a soft opponent for not getting a major win.

I would honestly roll on the day, that way you're participants need to build a list to combat all six potential missions rather than tailoring it towards the missions predetermined.

You can always change the missions dependant on what the previous ones were. For example if you've just had gift from the heavens you probably don't want to play Take and Hold straight after as it's quite similar of getting into the opponents deployment and capturing the single objective.

6 hours ago, Nicard said:

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Hoping to get a few more votes today so I can choose the best 3 scenarios for the tournament tomorrow. 

If nobody votes for any other scenarios be careful not to run both Blood and Glory and Border War as they've both got a similar flavour! :) 

My favourites are Border War and Blood and Glory as they can accommodate any type of army. I'm currently not a fan of Three Places of Power but that's because I've been running a skaven list with only little heroes. Scenarios like it forces players to take relatively balanced lists.

I'd echo @TalesOfSigmarand suggest you tell everyone you're rolling on the day to prevent people building heavily weighted lists. 

Archived