Afterlife & Souls

Oppenheimer

5 hours ago, Moonlightwolf said:

Sigmar and the chaos gods both keep souls from him and so he is opposed to both.

He is opposed to them because in that case Nagash would not have been Nagash, actually. He wants to rule them all, that's all.

All in all I am glad Death in AoS is not a primordial force and all that stuff, it would be too dull and uninspiring. Nagash is very charismatic and persuasive, and Death never had more of an iconic character, so carry on Nagash, Lord of all the Underworlds (located in Shyish, actually, the Realm of Death), ruler of the undeath.

2 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

He is opposed to them because in that case Nagash would not have been Nagash, actually. He wants to rule them all, that's all.

All in all I am glad Death in AoS is not a primordial force and all that stuff, it would be too dull and uninspiring. Nagash is very charismatic and persuasive, and Death never had more of an iconic character, so carry on Nagash, Lord of all the Underworlds (located in Shyish, actually, the Realm of Death), ruler of the undeath.

Actually that is partly the reason but it's also the fact in sigmar's(plus the whole tzeentch betrayal nonsense) case he is messing with the life cycle depriving him of power and stealing his worshipers from under him. As explained in spear of shadows his other job is handling the passage of the dead as well. Of course he has nicer aspects for that. Like Nagash-mor etc. If I recall Nagash ate and killed the other death gods and he has his mortarch's kill any demi-gods that pop up. 

On 9/18/2017 at 4:09 PM, Gotrek said:

Because sigmar aligns with their own morals/beliefs more than nagash.

Think about it in the real world, why did greeks worship gods that werent Zeus or Hades? Why did the Nordic countries worship anyone but Hel and Odin? (Throwing the ruler gods in there because i could see some people believing that the ruler gods would have some influence over the death gods) 

This kind of arrangement clashes with the angelic flavor of the Stormcast, and really disrupts the ingrained asceticism of the Devoted of Sigmar. Flagellants probably wouldn't exist if Sigmar is a strict materialist.

Perhaps if Sigmar offered them some sort of protection in Shyish or something. 

At any rate, all this only solidifies my belief that Nurgle is the most benevolent being in the AoS cosmos, because he offers his followers an eternity of being a beloved cyclopean zombie daemon, completely numb to pain. 

8 hours ago, shinros said:

Actually that is partly the reason but it's also the fact in sigmar's(plus the whole tzeentch betrayal nonsense) case he is messing with the life cycle depriving him of power and stealing his worshipers from under him.

Of course, but this would be obvious anyway.

8 hours ago, shinros said:

If I recall Nagash ate and killed the other death gods and he has his mortarch's kill any demi-gods that pop up. 

Yes, firstly he killed Usirian in FB and became the god of the underworld and then here he destroyed all the other entities in Shyish so he could rule supreme. 

6 hours ago, erasercrumbs said:

At any rate, all this only solidifies my belief that Nurgle is the most benevolent being in the AoS cosmos, because he offers his followers an eternity of being a beloved cyclopean zombie daemon, completely numb to pain. 

In fact he really is, and was always - both in FB and 40k. That's why he is called Papa or Grandfather Nurgle by his followers.

Archived