2000pts First Destruction Army

Alcadizaar

Hey, so I'm starting to play AOS and I have decided to go with Destruction. The list I'm thinking of building/buying is:

1980 Points

700 Gordrakk (General)

240 Orc on Wyvern: Battle Brew

140 Orc Great Shaman: Collar of Domination

300 30x Orcs (Battleline)

300 30x Orcs (Battleline)

100 10x Orcs (Battleline)

100 5 Orc Boarboys

100 Greenskins BigMob

I don't own any of the books, but I have Scrollbuilder, the app, and variety screenshots of the General's Handbook from War of Sigmar to help me out haha. So...hopefully this list is something. I mostly want to know if this list is playable/competitive. I only have a handful of models and I haven't got in any games of AOS yet. I also don't want to invest in an army that just gets constantly crushed by my opponents...

Looks like a fun list to play with. That said, I do not think it is very competitive, as the "generic" greenskins orcs are a quite a bit weaker than the updated ironjawz and bonesplitters. If you want to keep the list horde-like, change the orcs to savage orcs and the shaman to a wurgogg prophet or savage orc big boss. Wyvern and gordrakk should be good regardless.

If you want less, but more elite units, go ironjawz.

Taking your advice, how about this:

2000pts

700 Gordrakk (General)

240 Orc on Wyvern: Battle Brew

100 Savage Bigboss: Collar of Domination

400 40x Savage Orcs (Battleline)

400 40x Savage Orcs (Battleline)

100 10x Savage Orcs (Battleline)

60 Kunnin' Rukk

This list is a little a slower since they lost the Ere' We Go ability, no magic, doesn't have the Great WAAAGH! and Gordrakk +3 attacks combo. But I now Savage Orcs, who should last longer than regular orcs, and Kunnin' Rukk. The Kunnin' Rukk should help the slower movement by letting me move a unit twice, and when finally in combat I can double their attack which could be quite devistating. The hard part is going to be keeping the Bigboss alive. If he gets snipped off the field early the entire battalion is negated. Still not sure whether to go with axes or spears on the savage orcs, I'm leaning to spears so I can get more orcs in combat.

Kunnin Ruk is amazing, but I also think that regular orruks are totally underrated. At 30 models + waaagh they have 3 attacks each at -1 rend, 4+/4+... For a core unit that costs barely anything, that's power! Although the savage boys have 2 wounds each so they'll last longer. Also the wyvern gives his buff to all orcs so at least they'll have 2 attacks. I actually think either of your lists can work.

Good luck!

Well, you could make one big buffed regular orc unit and then smaller sturdier savage orc units to guard the flanks. Kunnin rukk is at its strongest with savage arrow boys, but might be a bit unfun to play with (especially for your opponent).

Archived