2k Skaven list looking for feedback

Shoe

I'm sure you are sick of seeing these by now, but in case you aren't... here's another skaven list! 

I haven't played my skaven much, but there's a tourney coming up.

I don't want to play super competitively, but I don't want to throw the games either. 

EDIT: I didn't have enough weapon teams in the old list to satisfy the Verminus formation. 

Removed Rat Ogres :( to include them. 

Revised List (11/30)

Leaders
Skaven Chieftain With Battle Standard (140)
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- Shield & Pair of Barbed Blades
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Arch Warlock (140)
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Warlock Engineer (100)

Units
Clanrats x 10 (60)
- Rusty Spear
Clanrats x 10 (60)
- Rusty Spear
Clanrats x 10 (60)
- Rusty Spear
Ratling Gun Weapon Team x 1 (80)
Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team x 1 (60)
Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team x 1 (60)
Stormfiends x 6 (600)
- Ratling Cannons
Stormvermin x 20 (280)
- Halberd

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Battalions
Verminus Clawpack (80)

Total: 2000/2000

I always love seeing a Skaven list!

The Verminus Clawpack and Warplightning Cannon are a great way to start a list, in fact that's how I start all my competitive lists. I've found more bodies is better in competitive play where you are trying to outnumber. I'd consider upgrading the Packmaster to one of the named ones to be more survivable. Also, you are going to be in trouble when it comes to 3 Places of Power, my Skaven list would have yours without heroes in a round or so :)

I love the Arch Warlock. 6 wounds and a 3+ save makes him great for 3 Places of Power. 2 spells means he can Mystic Shield himself for 3 Places of Power while casting his spell and dealing d3 Mortal Wounds to other heroes. He can also hold his own in a fight.

9 hours ago, Kramer said:

Why don't you update the engineer to archwarlock for 40 points more? Then you still keep slightly below the 2000 mark. Or maybe add 10 clanrats to a unit for some more staying power. 

I think the reason is, between Warp-Power Accumulator and the pistol, I get more work done with this little guy because I don't ever put him in melee. I just have more experience with him, but this is an excellent point! I will try him for my upcoming tourney. 

20 hours ago, Dez said:

I always love seeing a Skaven list!

The Verminus Clawpack and Warplightning Cannon are a great way to start a list, in fact that's how I start all my competitive lists. I've found more bodies is better in competitive play where you are trying to outnumber. I'd consider upgrading the Packmaster to one of the named ones to be more survivable. Also, you are going to be in trouble when it comes to 3 Places of Power, my Skaven list would have yours without heroes in a round or so :)

Agreed! The verminus clawpack's key is the Gnash-Gnaw going on all units within 13" - this even helps my Rat Ogres. Thing is, I really wish I had an extra 140 points for my BSB, that would make everything within 13" immune to Battleshock as well, which makes even my clanrats super-killy. Hmm. 

Maybe I should drop 2 Rat-Ogres to fit him in. I lose a lot of offensive power, but immunity to battleshock can be mission critical. 

Just for funsies, here's my BSB conversion: 

22 minutes ago, Dez said:

I love my bsb too...I just use him as my Warlord. I've found the bonus for Verminous plus Inspiring Presence on critical units at the right time (don't forget Crown of Command) and you'll be fine.

Good idea, but I need the WL to meet the clawpack requirements :(

6 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Hi! If you play 6 stormfiends you can t play without sayl imo..if you decide to play him you can consider to play warpfire projectors..( 8 inches but sayl makes them fly do have fun) !! :)

Mine are all equipped with only one Warpfire Projecter per unit. My equipment is Grinderfists, Doomflayers and Warpfire Projector, so they can tunnel on their own. 

Archived