Bloodbound tips and tricks?

Obtenebris

7 minutes ago, Prandtl said:

The way I read the Gorefist rule, you only need one model with it in the unit to get the special rule, not sure if I read this right though.

Envoyé de mon SM-T350 en utilisant Tapatalk

Unfortunately the warscroll says you have to have one or the other. It says some -units- can have two axes and some -units- take a single axe and and Gorefists. I think the reason it mentions Gorefists work as long as there's one model is because one in 10 can take the Goreglaive.

You have to be careful reading how models can be armed because some warscrolls are either one or the other, others let you mix and match.

I've not done the math, I prefer the look of the gorefist , so I've done that. I guess it depends on your opponent units which is better, most opponents will be happy I expect with you just saying "thing group here are armed with x btw, " and remind them of that often when applicable 

I'd say it depends on the size of the unit, a smaller unit will have more potential to gain armour from cover,  and thus increase their chance of getting mortal wounds when attacked, more defensive based.

If you're going all out attacks, then two hand axes. kill kill kill.

10 hours ago, Obtenebris said:

So do you guys think it's better to arm Blood Warriors with the double axes or with the Gorefists? Most of the guys in my area seem to think double axe is the way to go for the re-roll of 1s

Depends,

The double axe is a classic +16% of dammages for the unit (and does not benefit to the goreglaive) and is active when you use the rule that allow them to attack when they die, unlike the gorefist.

The gorefist on the other hand is more difficult to quantify. They do not activate on a 6 for a save but on a 6 for each saved wound which is very different. That makes mystic shield/cover tactics less interesting. From my testings, the fists is extremely good against hordes of models with tons of weak attacks with 1 dammage.

I am on the gorefist side because when i roll for them i can shout "now they are gonna fist your guys" with a mad look.

I think your list looks strong.  15 wrathmongers alone sounds devesating as my one unit of 5 wm's consistently puts out tons of damage( and often annoys my opponent when they die).  I typically go for blood warriors over readers and I went with a skullcannon but it hasn't born itself out yet (most lists I see bring 2...).  Also, as a caveat, I pretty much only play scenario missions rather than Line-up-and-fight game plays because the game is more balanced this way.

Perhaps your meta is tougher than mine but I wonder how your playing the army beyond just list building.  I have actually had lots of success with bloodbound after I learned to be more patient and carefully observe the synergies in the force (bloodsecrator and bloodstoker are a must IMO).  I am by no means winning all my games, but I have had much better success lately.   I used to rush the enemy (blood for the blood god! and all that) but I used to get myself overextended and eventually wiped out.   Now I move more cautiously and let my opponent  come to me before springing my attack.  Of course this is often determined by the turn sequence I roll, but it can be easy to bait your opponent into making a move you prefer.  Feed your opponent some succulent reavers, or press an attack heavy on one flank to make them focus on a unit you are ready to sacrifice anyway.  I run skullcrusher cavalry and, while they are mostly always underwhelming, they do one thing very well--they look scary- and my opponent always focuses on them.  While they're focused on them I move my blood warriors and reavers into attack positions, plant that banner and let the carnage ensue.  (I also always bubble wrap my wrathmongers or skulltakers.  

I also like to experiment with the leaders available in bloodbound.  As I mentioned I find bloodsecrators and bloodstokers invaluable but it is fun to run slaughterpriests, skull grinders and even skarr blood wrath (only model I don't have is Valkia and I would love to use her for her flying  ability.  I like slaughterpriests a lot (fluff is so cool) but they always disappoint imo.  I am currentLy trying to figure out how to use skullgrinder effectively.  Bloodbound has so many cool leader models it's hard to choose.

I would love to hear about more tactics/ strategies beyond list buildings employed by bloodbound folks!  How do you deal with shooting?  Should you always bring skarbrand/ demon to be effective?

What's your best victory? ( I recently crushed an ironjaws opponent and it was delicious)!

I used Skarbrand in a ~1200 point-battle yesterday . I always try to display an element of scenery almost in the middle of my half of the battlefield and put the bloodsecrator behind it (normally I don't need to move it if I place him 12" from the edge and I can cast the portal of skulls from there) (I don't know if this is a noob strategy or not).

The thing is, Skarbrand killed in turn 2 (incandescent) a lord celestant on dracoth (with total carnage, 2 attacks with bloodsecrator + repeat failed hit rolls) and a unit of 5 liberators with slaughter. In turn 3 I killed 3 retributors and in turn 4 I finished killing the celestant prime (the prime basically killed in 2 turns my lord of khorne + slaughtepriest with 2 comet hits... so be careful with him).

I also used a unit of 10 bloodwarriors (excellent hits with the champion goreglaive + bloodsecrator buff (4 attacks))

I am quite noob but I hope I helped you somehow. Skarbrand is just great.

BTW I used as Skarbrand an old bloodthirster (in metal, from many years ago). Would this be legal in a real tournament? Could I also use this metal guy as a bloodthirster?

Archived