Must Attend Tournaments 2017?

RuneBrush

Hi all,

I've been fairly lucky in that I've managed to attend quite a few events this year - the HH weekender, two gaming weekends at WHW and all three GW Open Days, and thoroughly enjoyed them all.  As 2017 is rapidly creeping up (and I've not got anything planned in December), I thought I'd give a bit of thought over to what I'd try to do next year.  One thing I'd like to do is to attend a few more tournaments, probably a doubles event or two etc.

So I thought I'd throw the question out there as to what tournaments (and events) people attended this year that they would consider highlights of the season and on the cards for the next season?  I'm also curious at what people consider the level of "meta" for those tournaments - for example, I'd expect the GT at WHW to have a "high" meta level, but a narrative one to be fairly low (if that makes sense).

Things to recommend:

February: Realm Hoppers. @HobbyHammer is looking to put on a pretty awesome event, with tons of effort put into it. Narrative event, so a fairly low degree of competetivity.

Jan/Apr/June(?) + August: Warhammer GT. Highly competetive, but likely to be the biggest series of events of the year. Almost a must.

April: SCGT. Another competetive event in the vein of B&G, Clash and such oldschool stuff. Was the biggest thing last year, and is aiming to pull nearly 200 players next year! Will be invaded by vikings.

June(?): 6 Nation event. Mr. Ben's invitational thingy. Tournament profile not established yet, but one to watch out for.

October(?): Facehammer GT. Smash face event by the smash-faciest AoS podcast.

November (?): RAW:2017. RAW2016 was the best event I've ever been to. Hobby event by 4 hobby heroes. Going to be great. Probably limited space though. Flattering the event organizers may help.

November: Blood and Glory. Had a smashy smash profile this year.

That's some from the top of my head. Most major events are hardcore tournaments, because that's what the TO's were doing before AoS. Hopefully after RAW showed everyone how it's done, we'll see some more awesome hobby stuff.

November (?): RAW:2017. RAW2016 was the best event I've ever been to. Hobby event by 4 hobby heroes. Going to be great. Probably limited space though. Flattering the event organizers may help.

Just for the record RAW17 will be held on October 27th 28th and 29th 2017. Yes it will be amazing and yes bribery and corruption goes a long way ;)

Cheers Mitzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Just for the record RAW17 will be held on October 27th 28th and 29th 2017. Yes it will be amazing and yes bribery and corruption goes a long way ;)

Cheers Mitzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so glad that it is not at the end of November next year! 

Archived