My Sylvaneth themed Order army

Rob Ellis

Hi!

After many, many stalled projects, I've started a Sylvaneth army...with a difference. I've always loved the Wood Elf aesthetic and the new Sylvaneth Range launched back in the summer really reinvigorated my passion for this theme!

Back when the compendium scrolls were launched along with the initial AoS rule set I always had an idea for the type of force I wanted to field (heavy combat element with fire support) and although I spent time working on a few conversions it was only when the new range launched that I dusted off the project and added some of the new kits.

You may have seen some of my WIP on Twitter (@robellis21) including my Sylvaneth themed Celestant Prime, Loremaster and Waywatchers. 

Anyone who knows me will know that I really struggle to start let alone finish any of my projects but I'm really passionate about this one and everyone's kind words have only spurred me on!

With this in mind I thought I'd start a thread here on the amazing TGA community in the hopes that it would provide even more motivation.

Without further ado, here's what's going on...

Sylvaneth themed Loremaster

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

IMG_4345.JPG

• Like 19
  • LOVE IT! 3

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 28/03/2018 at 3:38 PM, Thundercake said:

@Makiwara, i've been obsessed with trying to put together an orion conversion in my head. What would you use for Orion's head?

Because I want an Orion inspired by the older wood elves, the waywatchers and Wardancers I would use the Magnus head with cut down hair and cover it with a greenstuff hood and cowl. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 3:58 AM, LLV said:

Wow - everything in this thread looks amazing! Did you manage to do any more on this army? An update would be great!

Thanks for the kind words! Army has been done for a while now and while some elements were definitely rushed (due to tournament deadlines) i'm happy with it overall! 

IMG_4781.JPG

IMG_4923.JPG

• Like 13
  • LOVE IT! 4

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...