Dorrance

Shalom everyone!! 

I have been bouncing around army ideas now that I have a scale-able Storm Cast Eternal Army and I finally have settle on Ogors... initially I thought about Beastclaw Raiders but I couldn't come to terms with an 8 model army at 2k.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to game lately, which kinda ruins play testing army lists, so I was hoping to get some feedback on this scale-able Ogor force. I believe I have read every Beastclaw Raider Thread on these boards before I posted, I forgot who I stole some ideas from, but I especially like  the Frostlord with Battlebrew on Thundertusk :D

This isn't uber-competitive, but I don't want to get steamrolled in GH Missions either:

1k Points

Tyrant (Battlebrew, Ravager)

6x Ogors

6x Ogors

3x Leadbelchers

2x Mournfang Pack

2k Points (1980)

Frost Lord on Thundertusk (Battlebrew, Ravager)

Butcher

6x Ogors

6x Ogors

3x Leadbelchers

4x Mournfang Pack

1x Gorgers

Thundertusk Beaststrider  

I wanted units of 6x Ogors in order to hold objectives that need 5 miniatures, can't resist the Mournfang's or the Tundertusks. I could swap the Butcher and Mournfangs at 1k points as well.  I put the Gorger in there because I needed the points and it can't hurt having a flexible reinforcement.

Thanks for any input in advance!! 

I've played a few games with units of 6 Ogors and I think they are great. They are surprisingly tanky and have a decent number of attacks so are quite useful at holding objectives. The issue I have found with them is if you want to take an objective you either need something to go in with them or the unit needs to be bigger. They also excel when they can get buffs onto them to help them hit things as you don't really care if they don't have any rend due to the number of attacks! 

I wouldn't have a Frostlord on a Thundertusk with Battlebrew to be honest. Thundertusks are more support units for shooting at things (ie wizards) and the best ones are Huskards on a Thundertusk as they can do all that support magic with healing/re-rolls to wound. Also you can have a Frostlord on a Stonehorn without Battlebrew and it smashes stuff.

Also do you have enough Battleline? No book to had but seems a bit light

19 minutes ago, Dorrance said:

@Gaz TaylorIf not Battlebrew, what artifact would you take?

It's all down to what else you want to have in your list. Something I'm itching to try out is two Frostlords on Stonehorns but my general has the Bellowing Tyrant trait (+1 to hit for a unit in D6") and the other had Battlebrew. This means I have two big angry stone cows which hit quite nicely, or I have one which does that, another which hits okay and then another unit which hits better. ;) 

I'm in now way saying don't use Battlebrew as it's easily the best item for destruction (and probably any faction!) but I wouldn't use it on a Thundertusk as that means it need to be in combat and Thundertusks don't like that. ;) 

Archived