Forest Goblins getting AoS Treatment

Sharkbelly

These are preexisting models right? Looks like a rearrangement of the models on p66 of the Destruction GA book.

I thought the bottom right model was new for a second (never had spider riders) but that just looks like the champion model in the spider grot unit.

6 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I'm not sure that a picture on rounds tells us much. What is it accompanied by? There's a load of studio stuff on rounds that'll probably never see new releases, high elves for example. While I'm sure spiderfang will, I can't see it being any time soon. 

This ^

I'm fairly sure GW and its studio ahs spent a lot of time rebasing most of its existing models for photos like this. I think round bases will be rolled out on a subfaction by subfaction basis 

Its a pity the Kickstarter for plastic "not" forest goblins didn't pan out, a foot unit of archers and spearmen would round the mini faction out so well and jump these guys up my list of things to add to my Orc and Gobbo army. 

Wonder if GW will ever bring foot forest goblins back, trouble is I fear they overlap too much with night and common gobbos these days, and I'm not sure we will see three goblin sub factions in the near future, if at all. Still, more chance of Night and Forest than common I reckon, those models are starting to show their age a little, so don't have high hopes for their long term health. They are a little too big for goblins for my taste too, compared to these guys and the night goblin resculpts.

11 minutes ago, JonWebb said:

Its a pity the Kickstarter for plastic "not" forest goblins didn't pan out, a foot unit of archers and spearmen would round the mini faction out so well and jump these guys up my list of things to add to my Orc and Gobbo army. 

Wonder if GW will ever bring foot forest goblins back, trouble is I fear they overlap too much with night and common gobbos these days, and I'm not sure we will see three goblin sub factions in the near future, if at all. Still, more chance of Night and Forest than common I reckon, those models are starting to show their age a little, so don't have high hopes for their long term health. They are a little too big for goblins for my taste too, compared to these guys and the night goblin resculpts.

I think spiderfang have better chance of appearing than normal gitmob grots. 

3 minutes ago, polarbear said:

It seems like they've gotten a fair bit of play in the lore so far, so I would suspect they get repackaged at some point. Would be great if they could get an additional kit but would expect the Bonesplitterz treatment.

That'd be a shame. It's a very limited range. A new box infantry would help massively with their appeal. Or maybe they'll be an all mounted faction. 

Archived