What do you use for Wight King with Infernal Standard?

Callidan

Hey all I was wondering what everyone uses for there Infernal Standard? I had the old Wight King that carried the Standard but it seems like I have lost it some how. I have been looking at some of the GWs miniatures like the dark elf executioners  wondering if it would work with skeleton parts. Any suggestions?

Problem is that due to the wording, you have to choose between the shield and the banner. Converting the currently WK model to replace the shield with a banner looks tricky. I would probably place a converted Grave Guard banner behind or beside him on the base, like he has run it into the ground and is challenging the enemy with his sword.

9 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

It's the obvious choice, but you should try to get hold of the Forge World model. It's gone from the site now I think, though I'm told some of the old stuff may be returning.

Until then, your best bet would be eBay. 

That thing is astonishingly-rare now, though. :/

1 hour ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

That thing is astonishingly-rare now, though. :/

Thought it might be. I've been in touch with FW about older models before and they assure me that 'The moulds need retooling from time to time'. I was told that the verminlord would definitely be back, so there's hope for the wight. 

I use the old Vampire BSB model. Made it back when vampires could hold banners. Solid model, but costs two arms and three legs now. You could go for an old Grave Guard banner bearer, they've much cheaper and still OK models. The current plastic Wight King isn't too hard to convert, really. Much simple than it would have been in the old days.

• 2 weeks later...

I converted a Lord Relictor SCE medel. Just replaced the warhammer with a 40k power sword that I weathered. Also, scraped off the sigmar symbols and cut off the candles. It worked really well and did not take long. can post a picture if anyone wants.

6 minutes ago, Alizarium said:

I converted a Lord Relictor SCE medel. Just replaced the warhammer with a 40k power sword that I weathered. Also, scraped off the sigmar symbols and cut off the candles. It worked really well and did not take long. can post a picture if anyone wants.

That is what i will do also, bought a Lord Relictor from a friend, after desecrating him i will raise him as my Battle Standart Bearer:)

2 hours ago, Alizarium said:

Please post pics!

• 3 months later...

Back in 7e, I bought a Witch King on foot from the LotR line. He had this cool pose were he was mid stride and unsheathing his sword at the waist. I then cobbled together a banner out of some spare parts I had left over and planted it in the base, to make it look like he had just planted it in the ground and was moving into combat.

Archived