2k Drakkfoot

thediceabide

So I'm toying with starting my Bonesplitterz, specifically however, I want to play the Drakkfoot Warclan. I like all the casters and especially like the Blood Waaagh! power, and when combined with the Kunnin' Rukk, and the Prophet of da Waaagh! command trait, you can end up with a lot of attacks going off in your Hero phase. With that in mind though, I find that getting the required Battleline in the army is a bit more taxing than usual, thanks to it's required Battalion not having any Battleline.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

• Drakkfoot Warclan (60)
    • Wurrgog Prophet (140)
    • 10 Savage Boarboy Maniaks (320)
    • Kopp Rukk (100)
      • Wardokk (80)
      • Wardokk (80)
      • Wardokk (80)
      • 20 Savage Orruk Morboys (240)
      • 20 Savage Orruk Morboys (240)
    • Kunnin' Rukk (60)
      • Savage Big Boss (100)
      • 30 Savage Orruk Arrowboys (300)
      • 10 Savage Orruks (100)
      • 10 Savage Orruks (100)

Total: 2000

I feel like I don't have a lot of flexibility for Battleline, I can drop the Boarboys to get a 3rd unit of 10 Savage Orruks on foot and free up points for more Arrowboyz, but I'd kind of prefer to keep a fast element to the army (plus some diversity in the models). One nice thing about the list is that I get 4 of the 6 spells, and 4 magic items.. Has anyone had any luck running Drakkfoot and would like to share their experience?

Thanks!

I've been toying around with the idea of a Boarboys Maniaks death star. Starting with the Drakfoot warclan and it's Wurgog Prophet. Having the 3 Wardokks from the Kop Rukk, and plus the 2 Maniak Weirnobs from the snagga Rukk. So that's 6 wizards that gives you all of the Bonesplitterz spells.

Then buff up a big unit of Boarboys Maniak yo have a unit that sprints 18", attack and pile in twice if it's your turn, rerolling 1s to hit run charge, mystic shielded, and forcing the enemy to reroll 6 to hits. Finishing off any surviving models during your hero phase with the abilities that let you pile in, in order to be able to charge directly afterwards.

And now I'm even considering the Balewind Vortex to have untouchable wizards that can snipe enemy heroes from 36" away.

Sure you lose the Kunnin Rukk, and it is not all that fun to play with (or against), even if it is more "competitive".

Then buff up a big unit of Boarboys Maniak yo have a unit that sprints 18", attack and pile in twice if it's your turn, rerolling 1s to hit run charge, mystic shielded, and forcing the enemy to reroll 6 to hits. Finishing off any surviving models during your hero phase with the abilities that let you pile in, in order to be able to charge directly afterwards.

That's not a good enough synergy to consider this as an autodelete button - where's the rend for a start? "Oh dear - 89% of my attacks have bounced off the 3+ rerollable save of a unit of 3 Kurnoth Hunters in cover".

2 minutes ago, Nico said:

That's not a good enough synergy to consider this as an autodelete button - where's the rend for a start? "Oh dear - 89% of my attacks have bounced off the 3+ rerollable save of a unit of 3 Kurnoth Hunters in cover".

I..... completely agree with you, it's not really a competitive list, but a very fun one. I've had success in smaller 1000 points games, where the boarboys can absolutely destroy infantry. But against anything with a 3+ save, they fall short. I'm not denying that the fact that they lack rend really hurts. But they can sometimes (not that often) win against said Kurnoth just due to weight of dice. You could also really on the few damage spells of the Bonesplitterz to face units with high save.

Archived