Is Relictor Gold The Same Colour As Retributor Armour

Wesley

Hello,

I had a quick question I hope someone would know the answer to.

Is Relictor Gold from GW's Air line of paints the same colour as Retributor Armour from GW's Base line of paints?

Trying to airbrush a Stormcast army and the Retributor Armour did not work so well through an airbrush so looking for alternatives that would still allow me to follow GW's Stormcast painting guide; painting them the base Stormcast colours.

Please let me know; thanks!

Sadly not, Relictor Gold Air is the same as the layer paint of the same name.

I've not tried airbrushing Retributor Armour yet (I do plan to), what did you use to thin it down with as I've found not all thinners are equal when it comes to GW paints.  Also what needle size are you running?  Anything smaller than 0.3 you'll struggle with some metallics.

Hello,
I had a quick question I hope someone would know the answer to.
Is Relictor Gold from GW's Air line of paints the same colour as Retributor Armour from GW's Base line of paints?
Trying to airbrush a Stormcast army and the Retributor Armour did not work so well through an airbrush so looking for alternatives that would still allow me to follow GW's Stormcast painting guide; painting them the base Stormcast colours.
Please let me know; thanks!

A great alternative to GW's retributor armor is Vallejo's Game Air glorious gold. Goes through the airbrush really well. And after a shade of Reikland fleshshade I find it impossible to spot the difference.

It makes a great combo for painting stormcast: first spray glorious gold through the airbrush (over a copper/brown undercoat). Then use Retributor for all kinds of details afterwards because it covers so well with a brush.

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:55 AM, RuneBrush said:

Sadly not, Relictor Gold Air is the same as the layer paint of the same name.

I've not tried airbrushing Retributor Armour yet (I do plan to), what did you use to thin it down with as I've found not all thinners are equal when it comes to GW paints.  Also what needle size are you running?  Anything smaller than 0.3 you'll struggle with some metallics.

Has the layer version of Relictor Gold been discontinued? I can't find it anywhere. It seems all the other Air paints have a Layer version still available.

1 hour ago, AdamJ said:

Has the layer version of Relictor Gold been discontinued? I can't find it anywhere. It seems all the other Air paints have a Layer version still available.

Actually I stand corrected - Relictor Gold is only available as an air paint!  I do recall being told that there was an airbrush only metallic...  I'm still fairly positive it's lighter in colour than Retributor Armour - I may need to pick up a pot to experiment gold trim :D 

1 minute ago, RuneBrush said:

Actually I stand corrected - Relictor Gold is only available as an air paint!  I do recall being told that there was an airbrush only metallic...  I'm still fairly positive it's lighter in colour than Retributor Armour - I may need to pick up a pot to experiment gold trim :D 

I wonder if there were issues turning the existing gold layer paints into air paints and so this new colour was added.

Archived