Slaanesh Airbrush Recipe

TheFrenchBaron

Hi all,

I wondered if any of you have any colour recipes and advice for airbrushing Slaanesh daemons? I've see Byron's ace tutorial on how to paint daemonettes, but I'm generally not a fan of mixing paints myself (if possible) and would prefer to use something straight out of a pot.

I'm looking to achieve good tabletop standard. 

Any advice would be really welcome!

Cheers 

TFB

Realistically the air range just has enough to do a base layer of any colour, so I would go for Genestealer Purple or Mephiston Red. I would then use Emperor's Children. Personally I would still need to highlight by brush, but that's something basic if I was only going to use my airbrush. I haven't tried applying washes using mine, but a really simple way I would see for painting Slaanesh, especially daemons, would be a white base, then wash twice with druchii violet, drakenhof nightshade, or carroburg crimson, depending on whether you want purple, blue, or pink. Personally, I have seen awesome daemons done in all of them, you could even mix, with matching spot colours for unity. From there I would drybrush my way up in successively brighter colour until I final white or near white extreme highlight.

1 hour ago, TheFrenchBaron said:

Cheers for the advice dude, may try basing with Rakarth flesh, washing then dry brush grey to white for a plaid colour like you suggested. 

No problem at all :) It's a pretty simple and effective technique, especially on something that is so predominantly one colour. I'd suggest making the claws a dark pink/purple. Let us know how it goes!

Archived