Hosts of Slaanesh 1000 point help (made to order demonettes!)

swiftmus

Hi,

I just saw that the old metal Daemonettes are currently available on GW made to order. I love the models and am thinking of building a small Slaanesh army so I can use them. 1000-1500 points is about the range I'd be looking at. Doesn't have to be pure demons but I'll say now I dislike the Chaos Marauder models, most of the rest of the chaos range I quite like. I'd also like to stay mono-Slaanesh for fluff reasons.

List 1:

Keeper of Secrets (280) I like the model, but if it is too expensive for 1000 I could remove it
Lord on Boob Worm (140) Again I like the model, I'll settle for using either this or keeper over both

20 Daemonettes (240)
10 Daemonettes (120)

2 Chariots (160) One unit of both, or two units of one?
Fiend (60)

1000 exactly, I'm thinking this is too few models. Help will be very appreciated I'm rubbish at list building.

List 2:

Just saw the compendium formation has points, can do something like:

Keeper of Secrets
Herald

10 Nettes
10 Nettes
10 Nettes

some amount of chariots/seekers (eg 5 seekers, a chariot and a fiend will fit here)

List 2 can mount the herald on chariot too if that is good (is the exalted chariot much better than the normal or is herald on seeker chariot good too?)

List 3:

This list aims to utilise the Daemonettes' ability for being at 20 models

Keeper of Secrets

30 Daemonettes
10 Chaos Warriors

2 Seeker Chariots

comes to 980 

7 hours ago, swiftmus said:

I just saw that the old metal Daemonettes are currently available on GW made to order. I love the models and am thinking of building a small Slaanesh army so I can use them. 1000-1500 points is about the range I'd be looking at. Doesn't have to be pure demons but I'll say now I dislike the Chaos Marauder models, most of the rest of the chaos range I quite like. I'd also like to stay mono-Slaanesh for fluff reasons.

Beat me to creating this post. So i'll just add my to cents. I already have some (unpainted) chaos models lying around: Chariot, 12 warriors, 5 knights. 
       I've been wanting to do a Slaanesh army because I loved the old deamonic units (now made to order) and the mortal slaanesh heroes. (especially the Chaos lord on deamonic steed). Also love the fluff and looking to make a slaaneshi/dark elf conversion. 

But you are looking for lists. I'm going for something like this:

Lord on deamonic steed 140

2x 10 warriors of slaanesh 360

10 deamonettes 120

5 knights of chaos 200

5 seekers of slaanesh 120

+ a spawn (60), fiend (60) but most likely a herald (60) to give me more options in objective based games. 

total 1000

But I have not playtested this but it's mostly what I like based on looks and fluff. 

Although the KOS is really cool I think its too expensive and relatively fragile at 1000 points, here is a potential list I was building towards until other projects got in the way:
-Lord on boob snake
-Herald on exalted seeker chariot
-30 demonettes
-10 demonettes
-5 chaos knights

gives you options for different types of armies, highly mobile and some nice synergies too

I quite like the mortal mix list there Kramer, would save me some money on metal daemonettes if I only had to buy one box. The rest of the models (warriors, knights, seekers) I really like too so that could work for me. 

I don't really want to go beyond 30 daemonettes total as I'm not a huge fan of the plastics and can't afford to buy more than 2 boxes of the metal ones. My plan would be to get 2 boxes of made to order then a box of plastic nettes for the command options. I might tweak the mortal list to include some Slaanesh chariots over the chaos knights. I might also combine the warriors into one block of 20, at least with AoS it's simple to just assemble 2 command groups so I could go for 2x10 or 1x20.

16 hours ago, swiftmus said:

Keeper of Secrets (280) I like the model, but if it is too expensive for 1000 I could remove it

Just a quick tip, I got my eye on the forgeworld one. It's much closer to the deamonettes. https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Keeper-of-Secrets-Greater-Daemon-of-Slaanesh

Also I'm thinking about converting the C'tan the deciever as it has that same arrogant, look at my beauty, i'm better than anyone else look. But I'm not sure how machanical he is. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Necron-C-tan-Shard-of-The-Deceiver

I think other than the necrons on the base the Deceiver would be a great model to use. The FW Keeper is awesome but way too expensive for me. I actually prefer the GW Keeper, I know the model is ancient but I really do like the design a lot (my thoughts are the same on all the old greater demon models actually, even the metal bloodthirster).

Just now, swiftmus said:

My plan would be to get 2 boxes of made to order then a box of plastic nettes for the command options

That was what I was thinking as well. I might go witch elves though as I as I can then field one unit of 20 nettes and some extra witch elves for my DE :). But I don't like the newer slaanesh models as they have become less arrogant and smug looking but instead more evil/distorted looking. 

3 minutes ago, swiftmus said:

I might also combine the warriors into one block of 20, at least with AoS it's simple to just assemble 2 command groups so I could go for 2x10 or 1x20.

I think you got that spot on! depending on the scenario you can always switch and I reckon the warriors will add some much needed resilience. 

4 minutes ago, swiftmus said:

Slaanesh chariots over the chaos knights

The reason I mentioned the knight (apart from that I have some lying around) is somebody on this forum suggested paring them with the command ability of the lord on snake. That means they would get a second pile in move that takes advantage of glaive again. I don't think that would work for the chariots charging ability. 

Can I ask why you won't be getting the Deomonettes on steeds? Because the old deomonettes are still relatively available on ebay but I couldn't find the mounted ones anywhere.

6 minutes ago, swiftmus said:

even the metal bloodthirster)

Especially the bloodthirster. 

6 minutes ago, swiftmus said:

The FW Keeper is awesome but way too expensive for me

This was the reason I started looking further. But I don't like the old keeper of secret unless I would be able to do a head swap. 

it's a bit.... horsey, in my opinion ;)

Yeah I realised after I posted that the boob worm command ability hits mortal units so I'd keep the knights in that case. As for the metal seekers, it all comes down to price really, most of this army will be my christmas present but I'll be buying the made to order now since it's limited time. If I go with the mortal list (which I'm liking more and more), I will indeed grab a box each of the metal nettes and seekers.

1 hour ago, swiftmus said:

Yeah I realised after I posted that the boob worm command ability hits mortal units so I'd keep the knights in that case. As for the metal seekers, it all comes down to price really, most of this army will be my christmas present but I'll be buying the made to order now since it's limited time. If I go with the mortal list (which I'm liking more and more), I will indeed grab a box each of the metal nettes and seekers.

I'm in the lucky position I could order two deomonettes and one box of seekers. Yeah i'm more and more convinced to go mixed deamons and mortals as wel. Any suggestions on converting the knights to make them more Slaaneshi?

I'm thinking of maybe using some bare heads and filing away spikes on the horses. Maybe even swapping the end of the Glaives with the tips of the Dark Elf Spearmen. I reckon they are a bit more elegant looking while still looking evil. 

I think I'll mainly use the colour scheme to show Slaanesh. I painted up a box of Eldar Dire Avengers so I have a few spare bits including the exarch weapons, the spear is quite nice and I think there might be a spare head which would work well, similar to the boob worm lord's head. I also have the spares from some Harlequin jetbikes, the masks in particular would look cool.

It's a little annoying how the chaos warriors box comes with 16, so I'll have to get that plus the mini box of 3 warriors. I then have some ancient plastic mono-pose warriors from an old starter paint set, I'll use one of those as a champion. If I'm only fielding 10 nettes I won't be getting a plastic box so will have to make my own command, perhaps the dire avenger exarch banner would work.

I like the list, (boob worm, knights, seekers etc) and have ordered the Made to Order models. But just before I commit to my christmas list is there anyway I can add a wizard to the list? Right now it does nothing in the shooting and magic phases.

I can do this:

Keeper of Secrets
Herald

20 Daemonettes (in 1 or 2 units)
10 warriors

5 seekers
5 seekers

1000 exactly, same number of models but leans more towards demons. The Seekers do get the extra attack on 6s so I think they'd do about as well as knights with double attack. Less survivable though.

With new made to order Hosts is something i have to jump on as well.

love the seekers and the chariots seem very dope for hosts.

Maybe something like this may work:

Keeper

10 Daemonettes

10 Daemonettes

5 Seekers

5 Seekers

1 Hellflayer chariot

1 Hellflayer chariot

1 Hellflayer chariot

1000 points

I like that list, although for now I'll be going with the last one I posted as the christmas present part has already been ordered. Chariots seem like something good to add in future though. 

I'm planning to 3D print textured base tops for the army, with a kind of ripple effect as the demons distort the reality they are walking through. The ripples will go from front to back except on the Keeper where I want to have circles rippling out showing that it is the centre of the distortion. I'll also use the bases to identify the command models for the metal daemonette units, so there will be torn banners floating in the ripples for example.

18 minutes ago, swiftmus said:

I like that list, although for now I'll be going with the last one I posted as the christmas present part has already been ordered. Chariots seem like something good to add in future though. 

I'm planning to 3D print textured base tops for the army, with a kind of ripple effect as the demons distort the reality they are walking through. The ripples will go from front to back except on the Keeper where I want to have circles rippling out showing that it is the centre of the distortion. I'll also use the bases to identify the command models for the metal daemonette units, so there will be torn banners floating in the ripples for example.

Cool theme! 

2 hours ago, SpleenThief said:

With new made to order Hosts is something i have to jump on as well.

love the seekers and the chariots seem very dope for hosts.

Maybe something like this may work:

Keeper

10 Daemonettes

10 Daemonettes

5 Seekers

5 Seekers

1 Hellflayer chariot

1 Hellflayer chariot

1 Hellflayer chariot

1000 points

I'm not really convinced on the chariot. How are you planning to field them? 

Also if you are playing objectives a second demonette hero boost your army when you need to split up and can grab you that second objective. At least that's what I'm going for. ;) 

Well in 1k I personally wouldn't go with the keeper and would rather 2 exalted chariots but having a caster is always good.

Idea if for multiple chariots in MSU for rotating charges to minimize damage to chariots while getting the most out of their amazing charge mortal wound dealing attacks.

But posted with keeper to keep in theme OP was trying to maintain.

On 11/22/2016 at 9:04 PM, SpleenThief said:

Well in 1k I personally wouldn't go with the keeper and would rather 2 exalted chariots but having a caster is always good.

Idea if for multiple chariots in MSU for rotating charges to minimize damage to chariots while getting the most out of their amazing charge mortal wound dealing attacks.

But posted with keeper to keep in theme OP was trying to maintain.

Will give them a go in time. First I need to paint everything before I fall in love with the next model ;) 

My current 1k Slaanesh Daemon army is

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh

Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (hands down one of the best units in the Slaanesh line)

The Masque of Slaanesh (not great, not bad, but super fun to use against not Khorne)

20 Daemonettes

20 Daemonettes

5 seekers of Slaanesh

This is list is fast, hard hitting and frail. It gets around the board and scores objectives while causing enough damage to not be roughed up too much. I really like the style of this list. You just really have to play to the objectives and not get too focused on killing all of your opponents models. 

Enjoying this thread - I have just picked up some of the made to order to top up the ones I've got in the cupboard - should put me at 45 daemonettes and 13 seekers (I'm sure I've more daemonettes somewhere).  Just need to find the time to paint them up - and work out how to mount the seekers on oval bases :S 

19 hours ago, LordRogalDorn said:

My current 1k Slaanesh Daemon army is

Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (hands down one of the best units in the Slaanesh line)

The Masque of Slaanesh (not great, not bad, but super fun to use against not Khorne)

20 Daemonettes

20 Daemonettes

5 seekers of Slaanesh

This is list is fast, hard hitting and frail. It gets around the board and scores objectives while causing enough damage to not be roughed up too much. I really like the style of this list. You just really have to play to the objectives and not get too focused on killing all of your opponents models. 

I like your list! I want to build a familiar list, but I'm not 100% shure. 

Do you have problems with the lack of magic or shooting? 

And are 20 daemonettes enough? The ability with 1 more attack on 5+ needs 20 nettes to trigger...

I thought about one unit of 30 Daemonttes and 10 ungors (I have beastmen at home), the 60 points I gain from that, would fit in one herald of Slaanesh (good for the locus).

Alternativ i thought about sth like this:

2x Herald on exalted chariot 

The Masque

30 daemonettes

10 ungors (battleline...)

But actually I would like to field one unit seekers ?

On 11/26/2016 at 10:53 AM, Johann said:

I like your list! I want to build a familiar list, but I'm not 100% shure. 

Do you have problems with the lack of magic or shooting? 

And are 20 daemonettes enough? The ability with 1 more attack on 5+ needs 20 nettes to trigger...

I thought about one unit of 30 Daemonttes and 10 ungors (I have beastmen at home), the 60 points I gain from that, would fit in one herald of Slaanesh (good for the locus).

Alternativ i thought about sth like this:

2x Herald on exalted chariot 

The Masque

30 daemonettes

10 ungors (battleline...)

But actually I would like to field one unit seekers ?

Thanks! I have found that a unit of 10 is not worth it and 30 gets a bit unwieldy at 1k. I also like having multiple threats. Getting the 20+ bonus is nice, but I plan to not have it. I like to take Lord of War on my Daemon Prince to try and give the daemonettes +1 to hit to get more bonus hits. The seekers are nice to threaten artillery and support units. I have found their speed to be incredibly useful. Having no shooting or magic is made up by just how fast the army is. I am considering trying to get Be'lakor in my list for a harder hitting Daemon Prince that is a level 2 wizard. So far I have won about half my games, and I have been tabled in about 5/6 of them. This army is really good at focusing on the mission and dealing just enough damage to keep the enemy at bay, all the while getting those objectives and repositioning to keep away from the really dangerous stuff. Anyways, I'm curious to hear about how your army does on the tabletop. 

11 hours ago, LordRogalDorn said:

Thanks! I have found that a unit of 10 is not worth it and 30 gets a bit unwieldy at 1k. I also like having multiple threats. Getting the 20+ bonus is nice, but I plan to not have it. I like to take Lord of War on my Daemon Prince to try and give the daemonettes +1 to hit to get more bonus hits. The seekers are nice to threaten artillery and support units. I have found their speed to be incredibly useful. Having no shooting or magic is made up by just how fast the army is. I am considering trying to get Be'lakor in my list for a harder hitting Daemon Prince that is a level 2 wizard. So far I have won about half my games, and I have been tabled in about 5/6 of them. This army is really good at focusing on the mission and dealing just enough damage to keep the enemy at bay, all the while getting those objectives and repositioning to keep away from the really dangerous stuff. Anyways, I'm curious to hear about how your army does on the tabletop. 

Right now, my army looks like the picture... (plus more seekers).

I'm more into theoryhammer at the moment... i will get one daemon prince next and then I have to decide how many exalted chariots I want to have, need at least one normal one for my first exalted or perhaps I should get 3 more normal chariots to built two exalted.

IMG_0088.JPG

I finish my brayherd army in the moment, so hadn't time start assembling and painting. I hope, I will get there soon

Archived