Chaos Knight weapon options

arnoldrew

Are the Chaos glaives as bad as they seem to be? I got some Knights that were assembled with glaives (using plastic glue) and even with the one turn charge bonus they seem to be not very good for the cost. Is there some trick or buff I'm missing? If they at least had 2" range it would be a better option, but I find myself wishing they had the Ensorcelled Weapons pretty often.

I have one with ensorcelled weapons and one with glaives. 

The unit with glaives are khorne marked, yes they are good only on the chargue but bro, that chargue was unstoppable, with the comander trait i put him with 4 atacks, 3+ to hit, 3+ to wound, -1 rend and 2 wound dmg, and the horses with 4 atacks each hiting on 3 and wounding on 4.

The glaives arent bad, only need buffs xD

26 minutes ago, Iradekhorne said:

I have one with ensorcelled weapons and one with glaives. 

The unit with glaives are khorne marked, yes they are good only on the chargue but bro, that chargue was unstoppable, with the comander trait i put him with 4 atacks, 3+ to hit, 3+ to wound, -1 rend and 2 wound dmg, and the horses with 4 atacks each hiting on 3 and wounding on 4.

The glaives arent bad, only need buffs xD

This is truth I should have expounded upon. Being a Fan of Tzeentch Warriors of Chaos since 2007 I didn't get into it much :) 

13 hours ago, Mamble94 said:

Lord of slaanesh on demonic mount is a good combo option for the pile in and attack twice, 2 chances to break your enemy with the glaives, they are only bad when you get bogged down

I'm about to start a Slaanesh themed army. I have the lord on deamonic mount ordered and will probably be assembling my five chaos knights this week. Would load out would you advice?

I would take the glaives, the combination of rend, the double pile in and decent damage allows them to take on the tougher targets you may otherwise struggle against, keep them away from tarpits, they will grind to a halt and besides you have chariots for that 

17 hours ago, Mamble94 said:

Lord of slaanesh on demonic mount is a good combo option for the pile in and attack twice, 2 chances to break your enemy with the glaives, they are only bad when you get bogged down

Thank you, that's exactly the kind of combo I was looking for.

I love the slaanesh lord on mount and charging glaive knights. But so many times i miss most of my attacks at 4+ to hit and they dont do much. Find ways to buff their to hit rolls (command abilities, spells) to help this. 

Plus sometimes the lord frustrates me with his own lack of damage output but he is great fun and an awesome model.

When I've used knights I've always used glaives in a 10 man unit. My reasoning is that the knights are meant to be a line breaker, so doing max damage when they charge is important. Additionally, the lack of rend in Slaves is a big issue, so the glaives help with that.

I never take a unit of chaos knights if I don't have the lord on demonic mount as my general though. This was in a tzeentch army, so hed have the 4+ re roll-able save, and get the knights to hitting on 2's (lord of war command trait + command ability). Add the sorcerer lord's spell and the unit will roll over a lot of what is out there. Even the horses will be dangerous.

Archived