New Christmas bundles

N_Watson

I'm a regular on the destruction sub forum, and play Ironjawz. 

Looking at these new boxes that are coming out, I am looking at the Stormcast and the Sylvaneth boxes. 

As I play almost only matched play games, and will be attending matched play events I want to take advantage of one of these bundles to start a new army with a different playstyle to Ironjawz. 

Just wondering what you experienced folks would recommend as lists to expand on to put the boxes up to 2000 points. 

Stormcast

Celestant Prime

Azyros 

Paladin's x 5

Liberators x 10

Dracoth x 2

Sylvaneth

Drycha

Tree lord ancient

Tree revenants x 10

Kurnoth x 6 

These are what is in each box, so just looking for ideas as far as battalions and what else to get. 

I tend to buy a full army and play some practice games as I paint it up. 

Any help would be great! 

Ey you weedy git, get back to da Proppa Forumz!

*wallops N_Watson over the head with his own legs and drags him back to the Destruction forum*

*sneaks back in without N_Watson*

Eh, thinking about the Stormcast one myself. Would that and 3 Starter Sets be a good place to start? I've also got all the Silver Tower heroes.

My last game was Bloodbound vs Ironjawz, it went SO FAST. I think we did 1000 in about 30 minutes (Ironjawz is Best!)

They both do good shooting, but do you think Stormcast are a bit more melee focussed? Would you lean heavier towards Sylveneth for a contrasting playstyle? I know I play Skaven when not playing Ironjawz.

I like the idea of the formations Stormcast get that let them teleport down. Also I would be lying if I didn't mention that they appear to be Gw favourite child and they get a lot of love with characters and rumoured new chapters not in the game yet. 

Sylvaneth is actually an army I play a lot against and I like that they have a lot of magic and have some teleport options. 

Just hoping to see some ideas for 2000 point lists as I don't really know how to expand either force competativley with the prime in one and Drycha in the other  

Well with the sylvaneth one, you'll definitely want a fair few Dryads! And bear in mind you can use the treelord ancient kit to build a spirit of durthu, just needing three more kurnoths for the awesome free spirits battalion! Also could do the tree revenants as spite revs instead. Both of these I plan to do with mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Well with the sylvaneth one, you'll definitely want a fair few Dryads! And bear in mind you can use the treelord ancient kit to build a spirit of durthu, just needing three more kurnoths for the awesome free spirits battalion! Also could do the tree revenants as spite revs instead. Both of these I plan to do with mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ye, love the durthu warscroll tbh and he has wrecked me so many times. (My regular practice game player has one). 
Like the look of the Gnarlroot wargrove as well though. 

16 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

If you are unsure I would wait until after Christmas and see if the trend kicks off these boxes for other armies.  I would quite like one for tomb kings, however I don't think the odds are in my favour ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. 

I do not think we will see anything to the scale of this value until this time next year. They will likely want to have some more new releases to catch up the armies like Death and Chaos other than Khorne. Not to mention the duardin everyone is excited about. 

Maybe we will see value drops for them like this next year at christmas. 

This year we got Fyreslaters, Extremis chamber,  Flesh eaters, Ironjawz, Sylvaneth, Bonespliterz and Beastclaw. Would expect them to do similar next year as it has worked really well for them this year. 

I'm getting the Sylvaneth box for christmas, I believe you can be well on the way to a decent army with that plus a start collecting box. I know I'm gonna aim to build a Gnarlroot (already have some sisters of the thorn) for the option for some fun wizards; I'd also like to build an Ironbark (just add some shiny new dwarfs if indeed they are on there way).

12 hours ago, swiftmus said:

I'm getting the Sylvaneth box for christmas, I believe you can be well on the way to a decent army with that plus a start collecting box. I know I'm gonna aim to build a Gnarlroot (already have some sisters of the thorn) for the option for some fun wizards; I'd also like to build an Ironbark (just add some shiny new dwarfs if indeed they are on there way).

Trees rock. This is the one I asked Santa for (both boxes actually).

Archived