Vampire -> Stormcast -> Vampire?

Well no because vampires belong to nagash mannfred makes the point that he is no hurry to die because he will go right back into nagash's arms. A stormcast being converted into a vampire? Well haven't seen it happen but considering they "die" in the process the said stormcast will just get zapped back to sigmar. 

Their souls can't even get eaten by a dread abyssal they just kinda vomit it out and it zaps back to sigmar. In terms of strength a vampire is physically stronger well according to Manny. 

45 minutes ago, shinros said:

A stormcast being converted into a vampire? Well haven't seen it happen but considering they "die" in the process the said stormcast will just get zapped back to sigmar. 

Though, technically according to the rules, I can use Neffy or a coven throne to turn Stormcast heroes into vampires as easily as any other kind of hero... :D

In RGW: Sands of Blood, Nagash notices the souls that usually go to him aren't returning and senses Sigmar's reforging. Along with Torglug being turned from a Champion of Nurgle into a Knight Venator, I would say it's possible to go from Stormcast to... even a chaos spawn and then be reforged. 

This is what I've read too, Nagash is super pissed at Sigmar for stealing souls belonging to him, and is holding some Stormcast in contempt. This is actually the whole idea for a Stormcast army I'm working on and will unveil the test model soon :)

31 minutes ago, Dez said:

This is what I've read too, Nagash is super pissed at Sigmar for stealing souls belonging to him, and is holding some Stormcast in contempt. This is actually the whole idea for a Stormcast army I'm working on and will unveil the test model soon :)

You're doing Stormcast loyal to Nagash? Beat me to it! 

2 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

If Sigmar is taking souls that Nagash would otherwise claim, doesn't it stand to reason that Nagash could someday find a means to take them back?  What if Stormcast willingly went to Nagash and gave themselves up to him?  I'm still banking on this so I can convert up a Death Stormcast list.

Nagash is taking them back, every time a stormcast dies they loose some of their humanity. they're turning into drones 

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Nagash is taking them back, every time a stormcast dies they loose some of their humanity. they're turning into drones 

They lose a bit but they're still themselves. I'm wondering if, after many reforgings, and faced with losing the last of their humanity, even the Stormcast might just be tempted to prolong their 'lives' by crossing over to Nagash if he is able to promise they'll retain a shred of themselves for eternity. 

And they'll look stupidly cool. I'm thinking about having the prime and the knight-azyros floating on spirit hosts. 

My interpretation of the reading is that the sigmarite power would prevent the turning, but if coven throne can do it then yes anything is possible in AoS.  Maybe nagash can trap them, and control them?? but maybe they are something other than a vampyre - more like nighthaunt

Dorghar can consume the stormcast and keep them from returning to the anvil's of Azyr. 

27 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

It seemed to me that that in the BL books they were implying that the named Relictor in the starter set was something Undeady before being reforged

The one who gets called an "amethyst prince?" Maybe. I just listened to "The Lords of Helstone," and I'm pretty sure that you can be a very important person in Shyish and still be mortal, so we'll see.

7 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

The one who gets called an "amethyst prince?" Maybe. I just listened to "The Lords of Helstone," and I'm pretty sure that you can be a very important person in Shyish and still be mortal, so we'll see.

Slightly off topic i know, but I think this opens up the exciting prospect of a 'mortal' death army, death worshipers/cultists...including death stormcast!! oooh!!

2 hours ago, EvDJ said:

Slightly off topic i know, but I think this opens up the exciting prospect of a 'mortal' death army, death worshipers/cultists...including death stormcast!! oooh!!

I really doubt we'll see "death Stormcast," but I do hope we see more about Shyish's mortals. The books make them out to be much more interesting and better organized than the remnants in other Realms.

On 11/17/2016 at 7:43 PM, Shoe said:

In RGW: Sands of Blood, Nagash notices the souls that usually go to him aren't returning and senses Sigmar's reforging. Along with Torglug being turned from a Champion of Nurgle into a Knight Venator, I would say it's possible to go from Stormcast to... even a chaos spawn and then be reforged. 

That happened because he was killed by the celestant prime those killed by him with ghal maraz their souls are taken to be "judged" by sigmar. 

So now I'm thinking about a plot where an agent of Sigmar allows himself to be turned into a vampire in order to gather intelligence about what Nagash is planning, with a prearranged time at which he will be in the right place at the right time to be killed by ghal maraz so Sigmar can get ahold of him for a debrief before his reforging... :D. That would be fun, especially if the newly turned vampire starts developing relationships with the vampires and Death-worshiping mortals around him and starts to wonder if he really wants to go back to his old boss...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 2:46 PM, shinros said:

That happened because he was killed by the celestant prime those killed by him with ghal maraz their souls are taken to be "judged" by sigmar. 

Oh! Interesting. I took it to be the humans taken by Sigmar for reforging, becoming immortal. I didn't realize Sands of Blood occurs after QFGM. Thanks for pointing that out! 

Archived