Sylvaneth 2000 tournament

Tizianolol

So after going to a GW store and speaking with an employee, I was told my intepretation seems to be correct one. I am not saying it is set in stone, but I was shown the passage in the GHB that stats min max refer to the model count. The Sylvaneth Wyldwood is considered to be up to three citadal forest (Models). Therefore, the min max is one model for pitch battles. Do not shoot the messenger..lol.

The Facebook page has ducked the question and passed it on to the Rules team. What's particularly annoying is that this isn't just a minor rules query - it's literally life or death for the Sylvaneth army - not being able to link both deployment zones with the initial Wyldwood means that alpha strike lists are vastly weaker for one thing - I'm holding off from buying any more Sylvaneth models until this is resolved. That's why this is so serious and why I'm being vigorous in the defence of this. It would be very odd for them to inflict a crippling nerf on a new army seemingly as a sidewind rather than as an express statement (like if an FAQ said one Wyldwood equals one Citadel Wood for matched play). This would be like saying that Stormcast can no longer use Skyborne Slayers, Warrior Brotherhood or Hammerstrike Force in matched play.

7 hours ago, tyler1906 said:

So after going to a GW store and speaking with an employee, I was told my intepretation seems to be correct one. I am not saying it is set in stone, but I was shown the passage in the GHB that stats min max refer to the model count. The Sylvaneth Wyldwood is considered to be up to three citadal forest (Models). Therefore, the min max is one model for pitch battles. Do not shoot the messenger..lol.

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

If wildwoods min1 max1 citadel wood ..ancient lord ability and spell n8 of the sylvaneth lore is usless..how can u play with your interpretation? 

It is not useless...instead of place up three woods at a time you place one per ability not per a turn. There is still multiple way to get more that one out per a turn. We always played like this at my shop, I knew this was coming. I knre this would come sooner or later. I would keep playing the way you are used to until somethinh official comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived