Campaign Ideas Needed (Please)

hobgoblinclub

I'm in the process of putting together a set of rules for running hex campaigns to use with my group and possibly at, Newcastle Warlords, our local club. 

So far, I've written a draft of the Core Campaign Rules (see below). I'm now starting to put together a second document containing realm specific rules. Each time we start a new campaign, we'll use the Core Rules along with a set of bolt-on rules for one of the Realms - in addition to any relevant Time of War rules. 

Do you have any ideas for cool realm themed rules/bonuses/penalties that might work in a hex campaign? These might be things that'll effect events on the hex map (altering how hexes are captured or rewards they provide) or they might influence play during the battles themselves. 

Example: In Ghur, the Realm of Beasts, controlling enough hexes might allow you to exert influence over the beasts that dwell there. In game terms, this would allow you to add warscrolls to your army from any of the four grand alliances, which have the Monster keyword, but not the Hero keyword (no, I'm not aiming for balance ?). 

Do you have any ideas I could shamelessly pilfer? Quick fire stuff I can expand on is more than welcome. 

Thanks in advance! 

Archived