Magic / Summoning Challenge

TerrorPenguin

Just for fun....

If you have 2000 points, and a matched play game with fluffy lists. You can start with a few characters and three units of skeletons, but you cannot start with any thing which has a summoning spell on it's warscroll.

What would be your plan? 

I just quite like the idea of sticking Arkhan the Black and three units of skellies or zombros down and then raising an army of the dead in game. I realise there's the potential to snipe him off the table but lets say your opponent is playing bloodbound or something.

Ok I've been thinking about this, so zombie merge trick would be good with your battle line

You're going to want to keep as many casters as you can, so I'd probably go necromancer, Arkhan the Black, Vampire Lord for wizards. If I was playing seriously I would look at one on zombie dragon as well. So that's 1040 points. Plus three units of ten zombies for 180, so 1220. Leaves 780 points - not as much as I thought. Could drop the zombie dragon for another necromancer. Leaves 1100.

You've got access to five spells. Arkhan pops his command ability and summons a couple of archai on a 4 up (+2 for his item, +1 for his ability) 24" away from him. Hopefully they can charge something, might go for Harbingers instead. 

Might go for a Mourngul at this point just because it's the best chance you've got to cast it. Usually a 10 but a 7 up for Arkhan. Or maybe Spirit hosts as a roll of 7 or more would be 6 spirit hosts.

Probably grave guard and another unit of zombies, immediately merge them into the other zombies and start the slow shambling second wave of death. 

You could go for tomb banshees for three places of power, more zombies for take and hold etc. Bat swarms against shooting armies. 

Big issue is rule of one, but there should be enough variety of units that you can get something? 

Might give it a go actually

Arkhan the black 320

heinrich khemmler 160

VLoZD 440

necromancer 120

skele x 3 240 (1180)

morghast archai 240 (to summon by anyone except arkhan)

terroghiest 320 (summon by arkhan)

banshee 80

cairn wraith 60 (700)

black knight (120) if attempt to complete summoning in 1 turn, or keep for 2 cairn wraith in next 2 turn or sth else.

1 hour ago, deynon said:

Remember that the TG you summon would be the beast in the Death Tome and not the FEC one.

Sincerly I don't like to use Arkhan. Anyway  you can use the "unholy sword" to summon one unit that you are sure you wnat to deploy (the Archai?)

Yeah but for this, he's probably best equipped apart from Nagash. Maybe Nagash would be better.

Yeah you could use the sword but that's not playing into the fluff of raising a whole army of the dead during the course of the battle ;) 

12 hours ago, Hans said:

morghast archai 240 (to summon by anyone but Arkhan)

Just curious - why not Arkhan for the archai? 

19 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Yeah but for this, he's probably best equipped apart from Nagash. Maybe Nagash would be better.

Yeah you could use the sword but that's not playing into the fluff of raising a whole army of the dead during the course of the battle ;) 

Just curious - why not Arkhan for the archai? 

Nagash is simply not sitable in matched play.

Why shoud not playing the fluff? It gives you the possibility to summn without deniyng and you can chosse the level (es. 2 skeletons ) and not random one. For crucial summoning is the best anyway.

Archived