Dark elves 2000 aos

Tizianolol

Hi all wanna post my list that i play in my first tournament in italy :) 

dreadlord on black dragon  340

(manufact 6)

dreadlord on pegasus 100 (he is the hero of the battalion)

( manufact 3)

sorceress 80

b.a fleetmaster 40 (general)

(trait 2)

20 corsair      200

10 x 3 darkshards  300

20 executioners 400

5 dark riders 140

1 drakespawn chariot 100

exile warhost battalion 60

1 war hydra   240

tot 2000

what do u think?;)

I have another list..what do u prefer?

dreadlord pegasus 100 (general)

-trait 5

- manufact 3

dreadlord pegasus 100 

- manufact 3

sorceress 80

10x3 darkshards 300 (b line)

20 executioners 400

5 dark riders 140

10 drakespawn knights 320

war hydra 240

war hydra 240

exiled warhost 60 

tot 1980

My experience is limited, and most of what is here hasn't been tested.  Since there are no responses I'll chip in because it's fun.  I can't say much for the first list except that it looks very aggressive.  I do think it's all over the place and if your opponent can pick the strongest part and eliminate it early, he'll grind you out for the rest of the game.  I like the second list because it has units that I've been looking at.  I'd make a few changes to try out first.

Executioners and War Hydras.  I've put these together because they are great damage dealers.  The Executioners for mortal Wounds, and the Hydras for being able to keep a strong Breath attack by healing wounds.  They seem to work best when paired with defensive units that will distract the enemy or prevent them from taking damage.  I think if you took more of these in your lists, you might find that the large unit of Executioners isn't as necessary.  Most recommendations are to take them in 10 man units, but only when properly supported.

Drakespawn Knights and Dreadspears:. I know that you don't have Dreadspears, but it would be an easy swap for the Darkshards if you don't mind giving up some shooting.  Both units have Darkshields, which are really good on models.  The Knights have a fast move, and that 4+, reroll 1s and 2s in Combat makes them a tough nut to crack.  The Dreadspears trade that for getting bonuses to hit if they don't move.  What's great about this is they can run and frustrate your opponents movement and retain their bonuses to hit when he can't avoid them.  Arcane shield on either unit makes them pretty hard to kill.

All of these units work well with each other in theory.  3 units of Dreadspears will force your opponent into them, while the Executioners jump in to clean up when they won't be the focus of your opponents attacks.  The Knights are fast enough to lock stuff down while the Hydras move in to Breath attack and keep their wounds up.  Mixing them like you do gives you some flexibility but would also be less direct and would require a bit more practice.

** You're not really taking advantage of the Exiled Warhost battalion on the Darkshards.  The Dreadspears really stretch that battalion benefit.

Dark Riders: This is all I'm currently running but for shooting I'm going to compare them to the Darkshards.  Both units are very similar.  10 Wounds, 30 Attacks, 5+save with Dark Shields.  The Darkshards do have 5 more shots than a unit of Riders, but the Range, Hit, and Wound are them same.  With the Executioners, Knights, and Hydras wanting to move up, your Darkshards are going to mostly support that after you get stuck in.  The Dark Riders movement is going to give that shooting support both before and after the other units.  

For me, the movement with the 2W Riders (To keep the Battleshock down), and the Sow Terror ability are enough to go with the Dark Riders for the point difference.  In your case, the Riders will get more because of the Battalion.

Based on your second list this is a direction I would go personally.  None of this is tested, and if I understand a rule wrong then it might be way off.  I'm aware that there will be armies that can deal with it, but they're going to do that no matter what army you take.

-----

Dreadlord
Sorceress
30 Dreadspears (3x10) *Battleline
10 Drakespawn Knights
10 Dark Riders
20 Executioners (2x10)
2 War Hydras
*Exiled Warhost

-----

The Dreadspears will constantly get in the way of where your opponents want to go and benefit from their rule AND the Warhost when they charge or get charged giving you really good flexibilty.  The Knights/Riders will have the mobility to react to your opponent or support the Dreadspears.  Once you're opponent is on lockdown, the Executioners and Hydras will come in and break any Deadlock.

I also think the 2nd Hydra is overdoing it and possibly making the force weaker.  If you want the second Monster, upgrade the Dreadlord to a Drake.  I like the idea of using the points to double the size of each Dreadspears unit, or make a strong center unit and give them immunity to Battleshock.

Thx a lot.. De is my first army , I played them in 8 edition, I wanna test them in aos but probably now I wanna swap to sylvaneth..I really love model and gameplay of this army.

anyway u helped me so mutch,your list seems better.. Dreadlord General is on Pegasus ( in your list )?:)

I have to admit that my experience with Heroes is not normal.

Since I'm only running Assassins I don't really have any that start on the board.  I never have to worry about hiding them or protecting them before they do their thing.  They don't really help out the unit much unless there is an enemy Hero around, and even then they're not equipped to do the job reliably.  After they are out, and have done their thing, they don't contribute much for the remainder of the game.  Normal Heroes have command abilities, spells, better attacks or saves to do stuff throughout the game.  

Because of the Dark Riders, I have a different view on the opposing Heroes differently as well.  The mobility makes it difficult for my opponent to hide any Heroes, and support Ones are pretty easy to take down.  It's something that my army as a whole does better than most, which makes it hard for me to see what the Heroes actually do.  If the bonus is really good, then Its not difficult to kill them.  If the bonus isn't great, then I'll just ignore them.

So what do the Dreadlords bring to the Army or how are you going to use them? The Command abilities are all over the place, and even a bit more useless with the Alliance bonuses.  The bravery bonus combod with the reroll from Order helps out.  Outside of the one artifact Hero, it looks like it would be better to spend the points to get more models on the ground.

Here is my opinion on all of them, you can make up your own mind.

- The Dreadlord on foot will let one unit reroll all wound rolls in the combat phase.  You're already getting to re-roll 1s across most of the army because of the Battalion.  The best use for him would be to use his ability on the Executioners, but this might make him worth going after.

- The Dreadlord on Dragon will usually just make a unit immune to Battleshock, rather than hope the unit selected is within range if they test.  The Serpentis version works like the Dreadlord on foot by helping a unit that is not a part of the Battalion.  I think he is slightly better because he should be able to use the ability on himself if he needed to. He also has the advantage of being difficult to kill.

- The reason I went with the Cold One isn't really great either.  Rerolling BOTH dice on the one unit of Cold Ones will put them in the lines of your enemy more reliably.  The Lance charge will be a 2+/3+ (Re-roll 1s) because of the Battalion.  The Command ability will also turn the Mounts into a 2+/3+ (Re-roll 1s).  While this appears to be a more specific trick, to me it makes it difficult for your opponent to choose the Executioners over the Cold Ones.  If he goes after the Dreadlord on Cold One, who is pretty resilient, then you're still in a winning situation.

Its also because of this that I think a second Dreadlord isn't great.  He won't have an Artefact, and the points might be better spent filling out the Dreadspears, adding more Cold Ones, or upgrading to a Drake and switching between your who your General is depending on your opponent.

Archived