Ander

Hey there!

I am starting a new army and since this will be a conversion heavy project I thought I could make a blog to share it. Hope you find it interesting!

We could call this army "scourge privateers re-imagined", or Realm Ravagers as I am calling them. An elf-pirate army based on corsairs and 40k dark-elf aesthetics… heroes, infantry, sea monsters, sailboats all still to come!

Let me start sharing the first heroes I am working on.

WP_20161115_22_40_48_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20161115_22_34_55_Rich (2).jpg

Edited by Ander
  • Like 8

I just got my bits order from ebay! Dark eldar Raider and Ravager sails, pieces... let the boat-building begin!

Ideas I have for now:

-Unit of 3 "Windsurfers"
-Big Catamaran (centerpiece)

I will have to buy some kits for the crew but I think I can build the transports themselves with this bits. :)

WP_20161117_17_31_11_Rich.jpg

4 hours ago, Ander said:

I just got my bits order from ebay! Dark eldar Raider and Ravager sails, pieces... let the boat-building begin!

Ideas I have for now:

-Unit of 3 "Windsurfers"
-Big Catamaran (centerpiece)

I will have to buy some kits for the crew but I think I can build the transports themselves with this bits. :)

WP_20161117_17_31_11_Rich.jpg

You gotta love it when a plan comes together ;)

This project has me VERY intrigued - the ships especially. Not sure if you've settled fully on the theme but thought I'd mention in case. Will these be flying ships/skimmers?

There's a really cool disney film, treasure planet that uses the theme well. Here's some links to shots of what I mean - but feel free to ignore if they aren't helpful. The sail on the wind surf board even looks dark eldary to me!
https://goo.gl/images/6kh4sH
https://goo.gl/images/Zb2eZq

Anyway - looking forward to seeing your progress!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pic of the first wind-surfer. I don't have enough bits for the guy yet, but the board is pretty much done.

having a hard time with the color scheme for this ships to go in-line with the classic corsair scheme. Thinking of purple sails and ivory for the wood...

WP_20161123_11_49_53_Rich.jpg

WP_20161123_11_50_12_Rich.jpg

• Like 1

Painted the first board, what do you think of the scheme? Still missing the rider in the same tones of the BSB.

I am having a bad time with the base though, I would like a caribbean-sea base but everything I try turns out like s** :). Any input on this?

WP_20161124_20_44_16_Rich (2).jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest building up waves, maybe even creating a shoreline for some of the larger ones. That ways it will tie with the footsloggers of the force. I imagine filler, or a modelling putty (maybe brown stuff, greenstuff might get expensive) would work. Then paint it and glaze in the water texture. Should make it shine. Check online, there is bound to be some awesome water base guides.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...