Rumoured Ironjawz Box

Fungrim

16 hours ago, Spiky Norman said:

the Ironjawz seems like the more militant Orruks, and there the Gargant doesn't seem like a perfect match. I imagine Gargants more in Greenskinz or Grot armies to be honest.

Still it's a really nice model, and maybe with some extra armour plates, he could probably end up looking pretty Ironjawz-y. :-)

Yeh I agree with this. I am currently thinking over some cool possibilities for if I do add a Gargant to Da Black Sunz!

16 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

Good question.  In the world-that-was it was easy enough to explain.

However the new Aleguzzler fluff suggests that Gargants are largely driven by the promise of Ale.  I don't see Ironawz hauling it around nor do I see Ironjawz as the bribing type.

I'm guessing that they'll just say that both parties like stomping and bashing and sometimes come together in uneasy alliances.  Basically I'm expecting a weak reason but hope for some interesting fluff.

Hhhm... do you think there will be accompanying fluff reasoning somewhere then? Agree with your assessment though.

16 hours ago, Furious said:

I've never been able to field a giant, fluff wise. Even in 8th it didn't add up - if it doesn't have green skin, what right does it have pallin' around with a bunch 'a orruks?

Racist!! ;):P haha j/k (before anyone takes that seriously!)

6 hours ago, MightyQwan said:

I would say that the gargant is my Warboss' slave. He keeps it around as a display of his awesome might. It drives away all but the top challengers to his rule.

That's quite a nice idea, in keeping with the Ogre Kingdoms' Slave Giant from WFB.

33 minutes ago, LortOlle said:

A battalion seems likely or the box would reasonably not be called ironjawz but destruction.

I disagree. There are plenty of allegiance specific battalions that contain out of faction units.

Do these go on preorder this weekend?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I disagree. There are plenty of allegiance specific battalions that contain out of faction units.

Are there? I can't think of any but you're probably right.

I'd like an ironjawz giant though so I'll hope for that, even though it's unlikely. I'd probably buy the box and convert the giant to a more fitting armor. The giant I have looks way to naked to fit in with the piles of pig iron the rest of the army looks like.

9 minutes ago, LortOlle said:

Are there? I can't think of any but you're probably right.

Beastclaw one with Gore-gruntas, Sylvaneth one with Duardin, Sylvaneth one with Stormcast, Sylvaneth one with Order Wizard.

There may be more, they are the ones that come to mind. Either way there is a precedent for it :) 

9 minutes ago, LortOlle said:

I'd like an ironjawz giant though so I'll hope for that, even though it's unlikely. I'd probably buy the box and convert the giant to a more fitting armor. The giant I have looks way to naked to fit in with the piles of pig iron the rest of the army looks like.

Sounds like there's a lot of us considering armouring up a Gargant...I look forward to seeing some of these!! Be sure to post them in this forum. Maybe we'll have to start a separate topic when we know more.

2 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Sounds like there's a lot of us considering armouring up a Gargant...I look forward to seeing some of these!! Be sure to post them in this forum. Maybe we'll have to start a separate topic when we know more.

Stop encouraging people, I am relying on people flooding the ebay markets with them and being able to form an iron jawz army using converted gargant models only. The amount of green stuff needed may mean I never taste Guinness again or wear anything more substantial than a soiled loincloth, but it will be worth it.

9 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Beastclaw one with Gore-gruntas, Sylvaneth one with Duardin, Sylvaneth one with Stormcast, Sylvaneth one with Order Wizard.

There may be more, they are the ones that come to mind. Either way there is a precedent for it :) 

Ah yea, you misunderstood me. I think it's likely that there will be a gargant battalion for ironjawz because the BOX says ironjawz and without a new battalion the army in the box wouldn't be ironjawz. I'm talking about there not being any start collection boxes with non alligiance models in.

The new box would be a destruction army (without battleline units) WITHOUT a gargant battalion for ironjawz. With the battalion it will be a legal ironjawz army with 3 battleline units. This seems way more likely.

I know there are battalions with mixed allegiances, that's why I think it's likely this will be one as well.

23 hours ago, Mohojoe said:

Stop encouraging people, I am relying on people flooding the ebay markets with them and being able to form an iron jawz army using converted gargant models only. The amount of green stuff needed may mean I never taste Guinness again or wear anything more substantial than a soiled loincloth, but it will be worth it.

I have two old ones I'm tempted to get rid of and just build up the new one instead.

On 18/11/2016 at 2:11 PM, MightyQwan said:

@Vasshpit I buy all of my stuff at my FLGS because that is where I play.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Pay where you play! Good man.

I can totally see why a Gargant might team up with some Ironjawz. They're all up for a good scrappin', it makes sense to stick together.

Re-guarding the giant dilemma there was a golden daemon entry a few years ago called king of the northern mountain or northern wastes that used parts from the fw chaos dwarf bull centaur kit to make a pretty bad ass armored giant. I'm not 100%  how much was green stuffed but I would guess a fair bit and it did look fairly chaosy but I'm hoping to use the basic idea of the model to convert a more iron jaws looking giant.

2 minutes ago, Gorkamorka is scottish said:

Re-guarding the giant dilemma there was a golden daemon entry a few years ago called king of the northern mountain or northern wastes that used parts from the fw chaos dwarf bull centaur kit to make a pretty bad ass armored giant. I'm not 100%  how much was green stuffed but I would guess a fair bit and it did look fairly chaosy but I'm hoping to use the basic idea of the model to convert a more iron jaws looking giant.

Sounds like a great idea, would be interested to see the original if you come across it.

1 minute ago, Gorkamorka is scottish said:

I'm trying to google it. I don't have the white dwarf it was featured in anymore , i lost a TON of white dwarfs and books when i moved house last year, truly heart breaking!

Bah! I feel for your loss dude. I gave away a chest full of old warhammer a few years back and only recently found out how much it was all worth!

Have we any further information on the battalion yet? I'm very curious as to whether it has a points cost.

I am pretty sure I'll be pre ordering this regardless, it's too much of a good guy for a Megaboss of my stature to pass up on! :P  ...though the Gargant will be getting sold if the battalion does not have a matched played profile.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this box too. I figured the total in points is 980. If it includes a battallion with points that would make it unfit for 1000 points matches, Whatever... I am planning to convert the Gargant a bit, to make it look more orruky. Some extra pauldrons perhaps.

I have mine ordered as well £185 of models for £80 thanks to pre-order discount, for the first half of the year I played every game with the old "ironjawz big mob" formation and miss my Bojangles romping about 'edbutting things. I found him to be really good because my expectations for him were not over the top (he is only 180pts after all). He is a great line breaker (but can be random) and distraction piece because while random he does have some very nasty attacks if they hit and can seriously mess up stuff. I doubt there will be points for the battalion as none of the start collecting or bigger boxes have had one so far, that said if they could just add ironjawz keyword to the scroll would be a great xmas present for us. Fluff wise might is right and having a big lumbering gargant who does half of what he is told shows the strength of the Megaboss to his ladz for sure, maybe he keeps him sweet with the promise of battlebrew :-)

Okay ramble off just so excited to be getting more ladz to keep me occupied over xmas and I've even come up with a list which gets me all in (but has to drop mawcrusha sadly)

my only complaint is that it's the only box without all models from a single alliance.

They could have dropped something and put in a Krusha.

However it is a great deal and I have odered one and a Sylvaneth box too.

Just really hoping for points as I've already planned out my conversion.

Archived