Rumoured Ironjawz Box

Fungrim

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It already has points 0pts because that is all it's worth, it's not even worth taking it just to be able to get a gargant in your army. I can only hope now that the gargant gets a keyword change, else he will only get a run out if I ever play mixed destruction again (only do this normally when an event allows two lists) 

I still hope that it gets points. I gather that the Gargant Inherits the Ironjawz keyword from the Battalion itself (so you can keep the pure Ironjawz allegiance). If it's cheap I can still see some use for it - extra artefact.

2 minutes ago, Nico said:

I gather that the Gargant Inherits the Ironjawz keyword from the Battalion itself (so you can keep the pure Ironjawz allegiance).

Yup...this why I don't think we will see a change to the Gargant scroll.

But yeh, you're right; there are points in a 2k army to fit the contents of this plus an Ironfist. But it means your 2 units of Brutes from this Battalion are pretty slow and as you'll need some Ardboys, they'll end up in the Ironfist. Kinda backwards to how I'd want it.

I don't want to get too engrossed in conversation until we've seen whether it's pointed as if it's not unfortunately it has no use to me personally...which would be a shame as I do like the idea of modelling and painting a Gargant for Da Black Sunz!

It would be decent if it had the ironjawz keyword so you could give it +1 'eadbut an mighty kick attacks and give it +1 to hit with a warchanter.

2 3+/3+ attacks with D6 damage and 2 2+/3+ with d3 damage with stupid rend is a decent armor cracker. 

Giving the club +1 to hit and an extra attack is a good bonus.

I would like a way to run more than 1 gargants within Ironjawz, so am feeling a big let down right now.  A requirement of 1-3 gargants or 1-2 would have been thoughtful.  I'm not so worried about the ability as long as it is costed and costed fairly.

The whole thing just seems overly limiting for the gamer, accomplishing the opposite of what GW wants.

3 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

But yeh, you're right; there are points in a 2k army to fit the contents of this plus an Ironfist. But it means your 2 units of Brutes from this Battalion are pretty slow and as you'll need some Ardboys, they'll end up in the Ironfist. Kinda backwards to how I'd want it.

At least it's kind of fluffy with the Ardboys charging forward first to prove themselves to the Ironjawz!

On 08/12/2016 at 3:03 PM, Warboss Gorbolg said:

At least it's kind of fluffy with the Ardboys charging forward first to prove themselves to the Ironjawz!

Kind of like one big disfunctional family. We got the 'ardboys wizzing around like toddlers, getting injuried by everything, the fathers (brutes) taking up the rear, but ultimately botch up the DIY job, and the megaboss granddad taking up the rear, trying to look away from that uncletwiceremoved giant.

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

Nice of you, but realistically I can't budget for it until post christmas.

Likewise, I am a bit shocked really that they sold out so quick, I was expecting them as at least a constant throughout January, unless they are just a trial run?

But yeah, no worries, just saw it and remembered your previous post :)

That being said, I think the thunderfist would have been a little cooler if it had been "select one model in this batalion, make all it's attacks/one weapon attack". So you got the obvious giant in the room (hahahaha) but otherwise it could be used as a utility weapon for clearing off straggler units during the heroic phase. Such as weakened units that are otherwise pinning a force in place or just letting really good models "double turn" instead of the shooting that we give up. That would have been pretty cool, since I imagine our biggest problem is getting tried up in chump blocks that we can't move through quickly enough.

I actually think that should have been the Brute fist option, having two opportunities to charge is interesting, but really difficult to set up and I feel Ironjaws is about two key things, very powerful individual models and propa kunning slaughters.

Likewise, I am a bit shocked really that they sold out so quick, I was expecting them as at least a constant throughout January, unless they are just a trial run?
But yeah, no worries, just saw it and remembered your previous post [emoji4]

Agreed, my hope really is my local gw hangs onto a box until January. Though I would have liked to get one online, percentages are big at £100 [emoji12] agree on the ability though, would be nice if the giants presence could inspire others or something.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has already been posted on here or not, but confirmed photo of insert from inside the box.

As far as I can tell there is no document referencing pointage, nor how it works with the gargant (only had a quick look)

The insert with the gargant info on only lists rules for the Aleguzzler and Chaos variants.

Here's hoping pointage is posted online by GW in the near future or in the next White Dwarf!

IMAG0245.jpg

I don't think the battalion is great, but it is a shame we did not receive points for it regardless. Hopefully the GH2017 will look at pointing some of these, would be really good...who doesn't want to see a Gargant stomping around with Ironjawz? I for one had some plans around a conversion that I just don't think I'll do now :( 

Perhaps when I branch out into mixed Destruction...

9 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I don't think the battalion is great, but it is a shame we did not receive points for it regardless. Hopefully the GH2017 will look at pointing some of these, would be really good...who doesn't want to see a Gargant stomping around with Ironjawz? I for one had some plans around a conversion that I just don't think I'll do now :( 

Perhaps when I branch out into mixed Destruction...

Well, share your conversion ideas anyways - I just got the Battleforce today and am looking for ideas on how to make the Gargant a bit more orrruk-y :-)

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, Spiky Norman said:

Well, share your conversion ideas anyways - I just got the Battleforce today and am looking for ideas on how to make the Gargant a bit more orrruk-y :-)

Mine wouldn't be based of the Gargant kit, it would be a mechanical creation :) 

Archived