What is your favourite Model/Kit and why?

Mohojoe

What is your favourite kit or model for Age of Sigmar?

It doesn't have to be one of the new models but would be good to hear a bit of explanation behind it.

Personally mine would be the Giant (Gargant) kit 

99120299011_GiantNEW01.jpg

I love this kit because it comes with a plethora of parts and options and lends itself perfectly to conversions. Also as a relatively new painter the larger scale suits my abilities better. Every time I see the kit I get excited about how I can use it or what I can make out of it. 

A close second purely aesthetically would have to be the Night goblin fanatics (moonclan grot fanatics)

99120209011_NightGoblinFanaticsNEW01.jpg

I love these models as they remind me of being a nipper and buying clam packs every weekend with my pocket money based on how the figures looked. these guys were jam packed with character and humour for me. a personal favourite was the poor little fella who was being lifted off the ground by his wrecking ball

fan-01.jpg

So those are my offerings. What about you lot?

There's so many amazing kits nowadays it's hard to say what my fave is but the recent Rotbringers kits are probably my favourite.

As for golden oldies,this dude has held a special place in my heart ever since I bought him(and his Minotaur Lords buddies) for Advanced Heroquest.

WP_20150920_004_zpsaovaa2v2.jpg

6 minutes ago, discoking said:

There's so many amazing kits nowadays it's hard to say what my fave is but the recent Rotbringers kits are probably my favourite.

Definitely, love the nurgle stuff they have been putting out.

I used to love the old Mummy figures in heroquest even though they were super simple!

The kits are just going from strength to strength these days. It is tempting to say Blood Bowl orcs, but I'll stick to what I own, in which case the Weirdnob Shaman. It has so much character, and I love all the nods back to the old metal Nazgob Orc shaman in fantasy. Do love the giant though, I have two!

3 hours ago, Mohojoe said:

I love this kit because it comes with a plethora of parts and options and lends itself perfectly to conversions. Also as a relatively new painter the larger scale suits my abilities better. Every time I see the kit I get excited about how I can use it or what I can make out of it. 

I have to say I love the giant kit too. Ever since I saw the Sons of Behemat formation I've been tempted to buy a load of them and try an all gargants army. Imagine if they got a battletome! 

My personal favourite, and possibly the best kit GW have ever released, is Alarielle. It's a thing of beauty. It's almost sculptural. The contrast between the solid, hard lines of the mount and the movement of Alarielle is like nothing GW have done before. It almost shouldn't work. A spectacular piece. 

2 minutes ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I have to say I love the giant kit too. Ever since I saw the Sons of Behemat formation I've been tempted to buy a load of them and try an all gargants army. Imagine if they got a battletome! 

My personal favourite, and possibly the best kit GW have ever released, is Alarielle. It's a thing of beauty. It's almost sculptural. The contrast between the solid, hard lines of the mount and the movement of Alarielle is like nothing GW have done before. It almost shouldn't work. A spectacular piece. 

I have considered it myself I must say, if they do get a battletome ever I will be first in line at my local store for giants and green stuff!

My missus tends to get bored of me talking about models and stuff but when she saw Alarielle even she was stunned. That was the model that convinced her to start collecting centrepiece models. The mount itself is beautiful as well and would easily work as a stand alone model.

14 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

My missus tends to get bored of me talking about models and stuff but when she saw Alarielle even she was stunned. That was the model that convinced her to start collecting centrepiece models. The mount itself is beautiful as well and would easily work as a stand alone model.

You've found the Holy Grail: a woman who likes Warhammer. When I first got back into miniatures, my wife used to humour me and look at White Dwarf if I waved excitedly in front of her. See just rolls her eyes now. 

Just now, hobgoblinclub said:

You've found the Holy Grail: a woman who likes Warhammer. When I first got back into miniatures, my wife used to humour me and look at White Dwarf if I waved excitedly in front of her. See just rolls her eyes now. 

She is more like a magpie, hates infantry but as soon as something new and shiny is released she goes crazy haha

My all-time favorite sculpt is the Chaos Warshrine. I love the look of it.

My all-time favorite model to paint was the Dragon Ogre Shaggoth followed by Be'lakor.

My all-time favorite post AoS release model would be either version of the Slaughterpriest. Fantastic models.

Archaon, Alarielle, etc. are all amazing models, but since nobody in our gaming group has them, I cannot pick any of them.

Out of the models I currently game with I think my favourite to assemble and paint is the Khorgorath.  The quality of the sculpt is fantastic and it almost "wants" to be painted.

Classic wise it has to be the Dwarf Battle Standard Bearer that was part of a big box back in 2000 (though I picked mine up in '99) - still stands up to close scrutiny now and has fantastic definition.

Im gonna put up Harry the Hammer. Simple in detail, yet with so much character and an ease to paint even with the scenic base. I use him as a Lord of Chaos when I feel like being fluffy to the old world ( ashamed to say I do miss those times ). If you can find one on ebay, I highly suggest picking it up even if its just to paint. Thats why I have 2!

My favourite model is one of the Empire models that I don't actually own... the War Wagon.

I love the craziness of this chariot that is full of experimental Empire weapons. 

chariot4.jpg

Second place goes to the Halfling Hot Pot. Is there anything scarier in wargaming than a vat of soup being sent towards your troops?

hotpot.jpg

It a +1 on the Khorgorath for me, did the one from my starter set enjoyed it so much I picked up two more on eBay. 

That said I've really enjoyed all the new Bloodbound model really good. 

Honourable mention should go to the Marauder Horseman set they're great models and the details/extras in the set are brilliant for kit bashing other stuff.  One can never have too many skulls on chains in the bitz box. 

4 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

My favourite model is one of the Empire models that I don't actually own... the War Wagon.

I love the craziness of this chariot that is full of experimental Empire weapons. 

chariot4.jpg

Second place goes to the Halfling Hot Pot. Is there anything scarier in wargaming than a vat of soup being sent towards your troops?

hotpot.jpg

These are quality!

Archived