The best and the worst in Alliances

MikeGreen

13 minutes ago, Broken Netcode said:

I think everyone needs to calm down. All I intended was a discussion. This is very slowly getting out of hand now.  Any more passive fighting will cause a removal of said threads. I will, and always have, stay neutral on these subjects. 

I think it was the very topic of discussion which has caused the issues here. Had the thread been called 'What's Cool' is would have just given people a chance to talk about units they love.

Attempting to say good/bad luck or rate things A-F is so arbitrary as to mean nothing. 

I'm tempted to close the thread but I don't like to stifle dicussion. Please be nice or just leave the topic alone.

Here on TGA we have very, very little trouble with disagreement and arguments. It's noticeable that the friction here involves some new members. Please refrain or warnings will be issued. 

Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I think it was the very topic of discussion which has caused the issues here. Had the thread been called 'What's Cool' is would have just given people a chance to talk about units they love.

Attempting to say good/bad luck or rate things A-F is so arbitrary as to mean nothing. 

I'm tempted to close the thread but I don't like to stifle dicussion. Please be nice or just leave the topic alone.

Here on TGA we have very, very little trouble with disagreement and arguments. It's noticeable that the friction here involves some new members. Please refrain or warnings will be issued. 

Thanks. 

I agree with the point of newer players causing an uprising in commotion, I tend to be one of them I guess. I used to play 8th incredibly competitively because my meta forced me to. But I started to make lists that were using obscure units like a horde of 40 longbeards as my anvil and only 3 pieces of artillery, no other ranged units at all. That combination allowed me to even wipe ETC lists off the board. I think the idea was meant to make it in a similar way to how hearthstone cards are judged. For example, Injured Blademaster is a card which when summoned deals damage to itself. It is generally a very poor card unless it is run in the Priest class where after it is summoned it can be healed back up to its high health points. So as a general consensus, it is seen as a very good card even though the only viable way of running it is in the Priest class.

6 minutes ago, hobgoblinclub said:

It is not when it is done by some respected member of the community. When a protour player (mtg) says that the card is cool it can even gain in price :) And I can assure you it is much harder to calculate to hit wound/ratio to price cost relation in MtG than in Warhammer.

I do not know who is a professional player in here (I'm not). But i do know that I want the game that I buy to be professional - made for competitive duels. I get this feel when i buy magic.

I do not want to buy models for collectors but game pieces. Ideally for a well thought, tournament game. I hope GW understood that, when even such a giant as WH40k crumbles.

29 minutes ago, MikeGreen said:

But that is the whole point !

Quick,  basic reference list avalaible on top along with FAQ and other important informations.

With no need to read all the posts.

But that doesn't work is what we're trying to tell you.

you can't just make a list of singular models and rank them as best or worst.

AoS is far more complicated than 8th edition was, and if you think otherwise, it shows your inexperience 

1 minute ago, MikeGreen said:

It is not when it is done by some respected member of the community. When a protour player (mtg) says that the card is cool it can even gain in price

With respect to all-involved, I don't think the same cult of personality exists in AoS as in MtG that allows one of us to command such respect. Additionally, MtG is a simpler game. It doesn't take into account placement or space, it is simply a combo-and-luck game where both factors can be mitigated.

Also Games Workshop doesn't do tournament games. It's anathema to their mindset and it shows in their rules.

Disappointingly I've decided to lock this topic.  Arguments were clearly going to persist/escalate.

Warnings have been issued.

TGA is a fantastic forum.  I was just commenting yesterday that we've had very few threads of this nature.

Please could all users just think before they post.  AoS is only a game.  We all love it, but it's only a game.  There's no need for things to get so heated.

Steve.

Archived