Events UK: The Titans - Norwich 11th March 2017

Jamie Grinstead

Cannot wait for this event. Will be my first tournament and am very much looking forward to playing against some different armies and meeting other gamers. 

Anyone know how long it will take to walk from St. Andrews car park to Athena?

• Like 1

Cannot wait for this event. Will be my first tournament and am very much looking forward to playing against some different armies and meeting other gamers. 

Takes 5 minutes at the absolute most. It's pretty much opposite. Just before St. Andrews is the Shakespeare building carpark which I find a lot easier to park in and is literally opposite the store. If anyone is not sure where it is I'm happy to meet up in the car park in the morning and lead the way, though no one should have too much difficulty finding it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Are you requiring all models completely painted or will being based with 3 colours be ok? I'm struggling with this 100+ horde and really don't want to just rush it all 

When I spoke to Jamie in store he saiid three colours for standard table top. From what I understood it was to show effort rather than people spraying one colour and that be it. I feel for you, I'm struggling and I only have ogres. Fyre slayers must be crazy hard

I've got them all on lava bases with hair and skin complete with mixtures of weapons leather and runes done throughout the army so they look ok on tabletop just really going to struggle to get all weapons and trinkets etc finished up for Saturday :-/ 

I went through my army and got it all table standard. That's all that is needed. After that when I had time I have added highlights and bits and pieces if I could. Don't sweat it mate, the rule is usually there to stop people buying a filth list and doing the minimum to get it on the table.

6 days to do people! Yeh I had to paint 133 clan rats and got them done in a week in between work. I hadn't even touched them for 5years! Always played them primed until I got into a lovely aos community and everyone had painted their armies! I felt bad! Peer pressure!! ? I haven't ever played half the armies I could go against which is exciting but also hope that player will be understanding. When I play I often talk out what I'm doing to help explain to the opponent abilities and such. How do you guys feel about that approach? Helpful? Annoying? No time for that in the tournament !? ???

20170224_203519.jpg

• Like 2

On 01/03/2017 at 4:32 PM, Forkhandles89 said:

Thanks very much! I shall try and take it all on board! We have managed to get about 7 of us going all different armies! Can't wait now! 

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

On 02/03/2017 at 9:31 AM, Forkhandles89 said:

I love the 3chosen scenarios but haven't much experience of gift from the heavens. I just want fun Games and meet like-minded people! Is there any idea on how many tickets have been bought!? Stay classy!

We are at 16 tickets sold so far I believe, however expecting a few more in the week leading up!

On 03/03/2017 at 10:26 PM, Simba78 said:

St Andrews is really close by, you can almost see St Andrews from our front door!

On 04/03/2017 at 8:59 AM, carrigher82 said:

Are you requiring all models completely painted or will being based with 3 colours be ok? I'm struggling with this 100+ horde and really don't want to just rush it all 

Based with 3 colours will be fine :-)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Simba78 said:

With regards to playing the same army all day in the rules. Does that include the use of the same artifacts and command traits? Or can these be changed dependent on the scenario played?

Yes, it will be the same artifacts and command traits all day. This is to encourage taking a more balanced force rather than being able to tailor a bit to each scenario.

• Like 3

I've settled on a list to bring on Saturday.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Consummate Commander - Stormcast Eternals
- Dracoth Trait: Savage Loyalty
Knight Heraldor (120)
Knight Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone 
Lord Celestant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Lord Castellant (100)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 1x Thunderbolt Crossbow
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
6 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (200)
- Celestial Hammers
- 2x Grandblade

Total: 1980/2000

I've settled on a list to bring on Saturday.
Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Consummate Commander - Stormcast Eternals
- Dracoth Trait: Savage Loyalty
Knight Heraldor (120)
Knight Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone 
Lord Celestant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Lord Castellant (100)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 1x Thunderbolt Crossbow
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
6 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (200)
- Celestial Hammers
- 2x Grandblade

Total: 1980/2000

Never played against stormcast and from talking to the guys in the shop I'm not looking forward to it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Mohojoe they can be a bit brutal but at least no Warrior Brotherhood means they're not in your grill T1!

On the plus side, @Bedge is a top gentleman and will give anyone a great game! Even when he's taking your toys off the table ?

Jimbo

Ah cheers @Jimbo although in all honesty I don't think Mick in Bristol would entirely agree, judging by the way he was cussing me out for the WB shenanigans at Firestorm.

• Like 3

Likewise! Great first event ever for me! I was in awe of the skill,lists and level of painting!! Thanks to all my opponents even when my stormfiends made you cry inside...apologies again.... congrats to all the winners, very well deserved! Let's hope for a doubles and another singles tournament later this year!! Cheers

• Like 5

Yeah that was a really good day. Thanks for running it Jamie and hope for some more AoS events.

Not been here before but seems like a good place for a gaming venue in a cool part of town.

Norfolk people get down to Athena Games!

• Like 5