Events UK: The Titans - Norwich 11th March 2017

Jamie Grinstead

Event Title: The Titans - Norwich 11th March 2017
Event Author: Jamie Grinstead
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 03/11/2017 09:30 AM to 03/11/2017 06:30 PM

Hello, Age of Sigmar players! Athena Games is proud to announce our Titan event for Age of Sigmar.

Each player must bring an army of up to 2000 points, following the rules and restrictions in the Pitched Battle section of the General's Handbook. Only Warscrolls and Warscroll battalions with a Pitched Battle profile may be used in this event.

All models must be fully painted and based. If you have a model which is unfinished then we will politely ask you to remove it from the table.

You can find the approximate schedule for the event below.

8:30am Doors Open
9:25am Welcome and event briefing
9:30am–12:00pm Game 1
12:00pm–1:00pm Lunch and painting judging
1:00pm-3:30pm Game 2
3:30pm-3:45pm Break
3:45pm-6:15pm Game 3
6:30pm Results and awards

A full rules document will become available in November, along with tickets for the event! Start preparing, commanders.

Edit: Rules document is now available: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmp15rd4zgfhy91/Warhammer Rules.pdf

Tickets are available from: http://www.athenagames.com/catalog/tournament_entry/age_of_sigmar__the_titan_tournament__11th_march/293643

The Titans - Norwich 11th March 2017

Prize Structure:
Participation: Acrylic Measuring Gauge

The following prizes also come with an associated trophy.
1st Place: £50 store credit.
2nd Place: £30 store credit.
3rd Place: £15 store credit.
Most Sporting: Warhammer Age of Sigmar Hero Bases.
The Wooden Spoon: Khorne/Stormcast Dice & Shaker.
Best Painted Army - Judge's Choice: £20 store credit.
Best Painted Army - Player's Choice: £20 store credit.

Edited by Jamie Grinstead
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm possibly being really daft but how do you get tickets for this?  Can't see anywhere in the pack where it tells you how to get them! I've only just got home from work so could be suffering from brain failure... ?

jimbo

They are on the Athena Games website

http://www.athenagames.com/catalog/tournament_entry/923

@Jamie Grinstead If at all possible I would like to reserve two tickets for myself and my brother, will be paying January 3rd (Payday) 

Really excited that my first tournament is 10 miles down the road from me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, was off for a couple of weeks and didn't get a chance to check this. I will add the link to tickets to the top post. Thanks @Mohojoe

Looking forward to seeing you all there :). Depending on number of players, I will either be their with my Ironjawz or will be judging/commentating. Will be our first event streaming games on 6x4 boards but we love a challenge.

Out of curiosity, if you were watching a game of Age of Sigmar, what information would you like to be able to see on the stream?

4 hours ago, Jamie Grinstead said:

Sorry guys, was off for a couple of weeks and didn't get a chance to check this. I will add the link to tickets to the top post. Thanks @Mohojoe

Looking forward to seeing you all there :). Depending on number of players, I will either be their with my Ironjawz or will be judging/commentating. Will be our first event streaming games on 6x4 boards but we love a challenge.

Out of curiosity, if you were watching a game of Age of Sigmar, what information would you like to be able to see on the stream?

About to buy our tickets :D

Honestly in terms of streaming I think you need current standings, commentary and closeups of armies and talks with players. No small feat at all. I should probably pop in at some point and get to know the place before the event. Do you have any AoS Ogres instock at the minute @Jamie Grinstead ?

11 hours ago, Jamie Grinstead said:

@Mohojoe yeah should have some Ogres in. We do lots of streaming X-wing atm. Will have to work on the wargames side.

I keep getting distracted by Star wars Destiny, that game is seriously fun.  Wheres the best place to park near you if I was to pop in with the car?

• 1 month later...
On 09/02/2017 at 2:21 PM, Jimbo said:

@Jamie Grinstead  If you are doing grudges and if he's up for it, I'd like to let @Bishmeister's utterly beautiful army take my toys off the table in Game 1.  

Jimbo

Lol, sounds like you two have a bit of history! Are either of you playing Dwarfs/Fyreslayers? Just for the thematic bit to the grudge!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Jamie Grinstead more than I've never actaully played @Bishmeister! I'll be bringing my Sylvaneth and I assume that Bish will bring his moonclan so not exactly a classic match up tho ?

True not your classic match up but should still be a good one to watch! There is another guy who should be coming that will be playing Sylvaneth, I keep threatening to paint my Ironjawz up as lumberjacks lol.

8 hours ago, Mohojoe said:

I really need to get my army finished in time for this but my workload is insane at the moment! 

Looking forward to seeing you all there :D

Tell me about it! Whilst I will probably be TO instead of playing, I had still set the goal of having my Ironjawz finished in time but not looking likely unless I start putting the work in!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jamie Grinstead said:

True not your classic match up but should still be a good one to watch! There is another guy who should be coming that will be playing Sylvaneth, I keep threatening to paint my Ironjawz up as lumberjacks lol.

Tell me about it! Whilst I will probably be TO instead of playing, I had still set the goal of having my Ironjawz finished in time but not looking likely unless I start putting the work in!

I managed to get a game in today but it took four hours so I probably need to work on that too unless I intend to set up a permanent residence in the store...