Best units in Chaos.

Broken Netcode

@MikeGreen is basically my muse now. Following his second thread in the similar manner, what are the best units in Chaos? These threads are not made for making super lists, but for making notes for newer players what units will do especially well in their brand new army. 

So lets start with the Bloodsecrator. Possible number 1 spot already?

Well, I've only used knights with the Khorne keyword, so take this with a grain of synergy.  8 Khorne knights with a variety of Khorne buffs have so far killed in 2 turns max an exalted chariot of Slannesh, a Stonehorne (? the one that halves all damage taken), a Chaos War Mammoth, a Keeper of Secrets, and pretty much anything else I throw them at.  They also survive pretty much everything.  Never had the unit wiped.  It's 400 points of happy.

FMB

Chaos Knights are Killy if you take Glaives and get a charge in with them. Otherwise they don't chuck out too much damage. However with 3 wounds 4+ save and 5+ against mortal wounds they are good and Tanky.  If you Khorne mark them their damage will go up as they'll synergise with the Bloodsecrator which is of course No 1 on the list for Khorne armies. 

16 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Chaos Knights are Killy if you take Glaives and get a charge in with them. Otherwise they don't chuck out too much damage. However with 3 wounds 4+ save and 5+ against mortal wounds they are good and Tanky.  If you Khorne mark them their damage will go up as they'll synergise with the Bloodsecrator which is of course No 1 on the list for Khorne armies. 

+1 A from the Bloodsecrator, +1 A if a hero kills a model in the Bloodmarked warband, +1 to W from a Juggerlord, reroll 1s  to wound from Bloodmarked, reroll hits from a warshrine.

It's possible to get a unit that, on the charge, does 4 attacks each at 4+ reroll miss /  2+ reroll 1s, -1 rend, 2 damage each.  Like I said, (and I roll without the warshrine), kill pretty much anything in 2 turns, often 1.  Fun.

FMB

2 hours ago, Andreas said:

Maybe not the absolut best unit but something to compare against. The Jabberslythe for 140pt!

I've not heard of anyone taking a jabberslythe. Now you mention it, it actually looks pretty nasty. Spurting Bile Blood should do on average 10 mortal wounds before it dies and the Aura of Madness could really mess the enemy up if you throw the jabberslythe into a clump of his units. Interesting call! 

For me, 10- 15 bloodwarriors are insane ******. No rend yes, but comoneeee +1 atack of bloodsecrator, +1 atack in Bloodmarked, possible +1 atack for the command trait, wrathmongers, or skullgrinder buff.

You have apotential 5 atacks per guy, if the enemy kill someone... booom 5 more, you only need chargue the most nasty enemy unit, like necrosphynx or  some nasty heros, 15 guys do.... Booom! 75 attacks (5 with bloodglaive) and 5 more per guy killed... And with gore fists mortal wounds!!! they have really a lot of sinergy

7 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I've not heard of anyone taking a jabberslythe. Now you mention it, it actually looks pretty nasty. Spurting Bile Blood should do on average 10 mortal wounds before it dies and the Aura of Madness could really mess the enemy up if you throw the jabberslythe into a clump of his units. Interesting call! 

I have both played with a Jabberslythe and against it and you cant really ignore it, it's a pest for the opponent and it's really good at messing with the opponents strongest hero/unit. Another plus is that it can fly. The counter is of course shooting but for 140pt and 10 wounds the opponent needs to waste some shots to kill it.

I have been thinking of running four of them (if I can bother painting three more). The aura stack, could be interesting. ?

Great thread here.... Archie the lesser^^:D 320 pts of goodness. Take him with demon battleline units for the very real possibility of recovering d6 per turn. SKARBRAND. Yes. Thanquol and boneripper. Warp lightening cannons. Lots of skaven can be added in here.

A lot of these units will be heavily dependent on buffs/synergies achieved thru interaction with other units, but that's all in the flavor of AoS anyway.

21 minutes ago, Tasman said:

A lot of these units will be heavily dependent on buffs/synergies achieved thru interaction with other units, but that's all in the flavor of AoS anyway.

We have tried to take it into consideration while doing lists for Death Alliance.

Eg. skeletons in block of 40 with spears are very powerful and most probably deserve a place in top5. But the thread is aimed mostly at new players. Then a newbie may read that skellies are on 5th place and glue just 10 of them with spears (totally uselles in this configuration). So skeletons finally did not make it at all to be on the list, despite being great in a specific configuration.

16 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

+1 A from the Bloodsecrator, +1 A if a hero kills a model in the Bloodmarked warband, +1 to W from a Juggerlord, reroll 1s  to wound from Bloodmarked, reroll hits from a warshrine.

It's possible to get a unit that, on the charge, does 4 attacks each at 4+ reroll miss /  2+ reroll 1s, -1 rend, 2 damage each.  Like I said, (and I roll without the warshrine), kill pretty much anything in 2 turns, often 1.  Fun.

FMB

Isn't that more of a case that Khorne armies synergise very well rather than Chaos Knights possessing those abilities themselves. They are very effective on the charge buffed or not. I not sure I'd have them in a top unit list, they're a bit one trick. 

Archived