FEC. Starting an army and need advice.

Dracothjay

So as of Christmas, i plan on getting 2 FEC starter kits. I Will make a AGKoTG from 1 box and make a VLoZD from the other.

With the 2nd box i will also construct the GK on foot so i have a GK to play in a 1K match.

All i need now is your help and advice on what makes FEC good and super killy. Obviously reading the unit rules it seems they all die but have the chance to be summoned back to full unit strength via the Varghulf, Ghast and other courtiers etc etc.

What is the best general for the FEC and why? Should i use the AGKoTG or AGKoZD? I like the AGKoTG as the vitality ability sees me negate wounds on a 5 and 6 after my other saves have failed, which is quite durable.

I want to make a high aggression army and feel a little lost. Looking for FEC players guidance.

Thanks

If your going pure FEC then I'd go AGKoZD as your general (his spell is awesome & his command ability isn't the worst either) and take a riderless Terrgheist. Then you need regular ghouls as battleline (ghoul patrol is excellent for this) and either Flayers or Horrors to add some medium punch (horrors slightly better but slower so it's down to personal opinion I think between these 2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i want a varghulf for the replenish capability for my ghouls. He is a hard ****** and I would rather spend points on him rather than a ghast courtier. 

And I find myself preferring crypt flayers rather than crypt horrors for the sheer fact of rolling 6's to hit results in mortal wounds. I'd still used a unit of 3 horrors though just for ghoul support.

why do you prefer horrors? Would like to hear your views.

23 minutes ago, Thanatos Ares said:

reroll 1s to hit within range of your GK

ive just read on their PDF that its rerolls ALL failed to hit rolls within range of the king! DOPE!

whats the unit sizes of ghouls you run....20?

And how many horrors do you field and what courtiers do you bring?

Honestly the build will come down to which unit you wish to maximize with, then build around it.

No matter what your choice with the FEC, you need to have a necromancer and vampire lord. Adding more attacks and attacking twice with your maximizing unit is fun. But that's if honestly you max ghouls. Oh and if you want more replenish on ghouls, ghoul patrol is good.

I've been having great success with a 9 horror unit. I buff them with Van hels, vamp Lord on foots command ability, ghoul king on foot spell, and/or GKoZD spell. Very very killy . They have enough wounds to survive a double turn. Only problem trying to get all of thier attacks in 

Archived