School League 450 pts

Tyrion

I've recently started a Warhammer club in the school I teach in and a number of the younger students are interested in taking part in the School League after Christmas.  The School League allows you to compete against other schools in  small games of 450 pts with a minimum of one battle line unit and one leader.  As I'm sure you can imagine it is quite a restrictive build.  I have limited experience of Age of Sigmar myself so I was hoping for some advise on army lists we have been looking at.

Stormcast - 420 pts

Lord Castellan

5 Liberators

2 Fulminators

Bloodbound- 440

Slaughter Priest

Bloodsecrator

5 Blood warriors

10 Blood reavers

Flesh-eater Court - 420 pts

Varghulf Courtier

Crypt Flayers

10 Ghouls

Sylvaneth - 420 pts

Treeman Ancient

10 Dryads

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid the format allows one behemoth and we don't have any control on the format.  If we did we wouldn't have 450 Pts when only shaven and goblins can hit that limit.  The ancient may be difficult to kill for some armies but with only two units winning som scenarios will be tough.

• 3 months later...

So 450/500 points, same faction

On 11/12/2016 at 11:34 AM, Tyrion said:

Stormcast - 420 pts

Lord Castellan

5 Liberators

2 Fulminators

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to sound insulting, but I think less wargaming and more schoolwork, particularly in arithmetic, is recommended. This is 440 points.

Beyond that, I feel the most important lessons to learn get from playing AoS. Objective capture/hold (Using a unit of 10 instead of 1), use of tarpits (StD Marauders), proper kiting (TK Skeleton Horse Archers), using range (How a unit of Darkshards can aid to take down a larger model that is slower than them), and then synergy in units (so many examples).

I'd also go ahead and suggest changing the point level to 500 as well. For one, you can change the Ancient to a normal Treeman and get the Branchwych back in there for a more cohesive SC:Sylvaneth Box. If you are afraid of letting behemoths into low point games, consider minimum two battleline units instead.

On 14/02/2017 at 7:20 AM, SuperHappyTime said:

I'd also go ahead and suggest changing the point level to 500 as well.

As he said earlier in the thread he can't change the rules, these are the GW published school league rules.

I like the Stormcast list, it's probably pretty powerful in the scheme of things as stuff like Fulimators are hard to take on at low points.

I think another decent list for Stormcast might be something like

Lord Relictor - 80

5 Liberators - 100

5 Judicators - 160

3 Prosecutors with Hammers - 100

Makes good use of the starter set models as well (Only need to add the Judicators in). It's a pretty well rounded and balanced list I reckon.

If you downgrade to Prosectuors with Javelins (80), you can upgrade the Relictor to any 100 point Stormcast hero.

Sylvaneth are pretty hard to make an interesting list with at this level unfortunately. Yours is probably the strongest, but will likely lead to lopsided games based on whether or not the opponent has tools to deal with the treelord. If the school league is primarily about winning, then it's probably a pretty good list just because of that fact.

Archived