Access to Battleplans

So here's a question, with regards to club or event games.

What's the best way to present battleplans?  I mean, there's a million of them out there, whether from the various comp packs (SCGT and PPC in particular both have some great battleplans that can be converted to other or no comp without too much trouble) or from GW books or from elsewhere on the web.

The problem comes from how to present them.  I mean, do you photocopy the book to hand out copies of GW ones?  Scan/PDF (seems shady, legally)?  Re-type from scratch, including reproducing diagrams?

I mean, I'm doing a 1-day event myself with SCGT, where I'm cribbing 3 of the pack's scenarios but modifying them - I happen to have access to Adobe Pro and the time to do it, so I'm modifying the PDF files manually myself.  Mostly no big deal - looks a bit dodgy, but it works.

What options are there, for folks with no graphic design training/aptitude/software/time?

i have made a template file with word in A5 format. I then write in everything needed to play the battleplan and take a screenshot of the map. Print it out double sided, and voila, battleplan in a smaller sheet on the table.

But then, i have also made stat cards for all warscrolls i use, ala warmarchine, because i found it annoying to flip back and forth in the app (will become less needed the more i play i guess).

Archived