Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

Sorry if this has been asked already, did read a few pages but still not sure on the answer:

I bought a SC box for fyreslayers, built them as

runeson on foot
runefather on magmadroth
vulkites with shield
runesmiter? on foot Never remember the last model

I also got a squad 5 aurics, I built them with the poleaxes, which I think is the berserker version of them.

My current objective is to get the army to 1k to play vs my colleagues at the office (they play stormcast, nighthaunt, skaven and ironjawz) suggestion on what should I buy? I was thinking a 2nd SC box to do

Runeson on magmadroth
runefather on foot
vulkitex with shield to get near max size

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

on 1000 points you can do this list:

Leaders
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth (260)
Battlesmith (80)
Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth (200)

Battleline
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
5 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (100)

Total: 970 / 2000

So get another SC box and Battlesmith and 10 Vulkites.

The core of every fyreslayers army are 30 Vulkites and a Battlesmith. Never play without them.

On 25/11/2017 at 11:09 PM, Louzi said:

The core of every fyreslayers army are 30 Vulkites and a Battlesmith. Never play without them.

This - they are ridiculously points efficient for what they do. 

If you put more than one unit of 30 in the list they become a real drag to play against though so depending on how competitive you group is you may want to avoid or embrace that.

With 2 units of 30, 2 runesmiters, 2 battlesmiths You can pretty much take on any 1000 point list and not even have to try very hard.

So I'm getting tired of 40k and it's hellish competitiveness and I figured I'd give AoS a shot. I was originally going to play a Death army, but the second I saw the Fyreslayers models I was sold. I don't like that apparently they're a horde army, but I can get over that probably. Maybe dip paint them?

Anywho, this is the list that I've come up with for a 2000pt slammajam. I don't know if I'll ever get up to 2000, but I figured it's best to build towards that anyway.

I'm under the assumption my Hearthguard are battleline, even if they're in a Battalion? I also really love the HB models so being able to swing twice with them sounds fantastic. 

Allegiance: Fyreslayers
Auric Runefather on Magmadroth(260)
- General
- Trait: Exemplar of the Ancestor 
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet 
Auric Runemaster (80)
Battlesmith (80)
Grimwrath Berzerker (80)
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Ancestral War-axe
- Artefact: Ash-plume Sigil 
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (330)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (480)
- Poleaxes
Lords of the Lodge (90)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

On 12/2/2017 at 4:12 AM, RaritanAnon said:

So I'm getting tired of 40k and it's hellish competitiveness and I figured I'd give AoS a shot. I was originally going to play a Death army, but the second I saw the Fyreslayers models I was sold. I don't like that apparently they're a horde army, but I can get over that probably. Maybe dip paint them?

Anywho, this is the list that I've come up with for a 2000pt slammajam. I don't know if I'll ever get up to 2000, but I figured it's best to build towards that anyway.

I'm under the assumption my Hearthguard are battleline, even if they're in a Battalion? I also really love the HB models so being able to swing twice with them sounds fantastic.  Yes as long as the Runefather is the general then the hearthguard are battleline

Auric Runefather on Magmadroth(260)
- General
- Trait: Exemplar of the Ancestor 
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet 
Auric Runemaster (80)
Battlesmith (80)
Grimwrath Berzerker (80)
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Ancestral War-axe
- Artefact: Ash-plume Sigil 
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (480)
- Poleaxes
Lords of the Lodge (90)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Nice  list! Personally I wouldn't bother with the lords of the lodge if you have 30 Beserkers, i'd rather save the points for something else but  then that would be a different list. For a LOL list like this i'd drop the Grimwrath for an Auric Runesmiter on foot for the tunneling of one of your units, that ability is so powerful for us,as after all we are movement 4" Duardin and the Grimwrath is relatively lackluster because of aforementioned low movement.

On 12/2/2017 at 2:41 AM, pikachoux said:

I have a question about the runeson on magmadroth ability. How to you use the Furious Onslaught and the horn of Grimnir of the vulkite berzerkers? Those 2 abilities can be very good I just dont know in what order to use them.

Declare a charge and roll 3 dice, then re roll the lowest one if you want to and pick the two highest of the 3 dice for your total charge movement.

Hey guys, i want to start a fyreslayer army and need your advice. I want to aim for 1000 points first. I need a very solid competitive 1000 point list, because all of the players in our store have really cheesy lists and i want to  compete with them. 

i thought about buying a start collecting and 2x 10 vulkites first but dont know what to add and what would be effective to play at 1000 points.

On 11.12.2017 at 8:49 AM, stratigo said:

Vulkites want to be in units of 30.

There really isn't a cheap way to collect fireslayers.

I didnt asked for a cheap way. I asked what is effective at 1000 points. With a start collecting and 2x vuliktes, i have 30 vulkites.

Only need a competitive 1000 points list.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:35 AM, Erdemo86 said:

I didnt asked for a cheap way. I asked what is effective at 1000 points. With a start collecting and 2x vuliktes, i have 30 vulkites.

Only need a competitive 1000 points list.

60 vulkites a smiter on foot and a battlesmith and 2 other foot characters would be pretty darn competitive. 

hello all i have been thinkinh of running fryerslayers and i have a real competitive play group. what is the cheasiest.... i mean most competitive 2000 point list these dude can muster?

im thinking of warrior kinbad formation

2 battle smith

rune smiter

runeson

3 x 30 betzerkers

and allies of 2x6 KO skywardens with vollyguns and drillcannon

this is about 1800 points (not sure about the othet 200 pts)

what do you fine gents suggest?

I was wondering, in GH2017, it says that the Hearthguard Berzerkers  are battleline with a Runefather general. Does this apply to a mounted Runefather or not? Runefather isn't in the Keyword font, so I wasn't sure. Sorry if this question was already answered.

So I fiddled with my list ideas a bit. Let me know what you think. I'm trying something crazy. I really like the idea of Greyfyrd lodge and sneaking onto the board like that. It may come out and slap me in the face but it seems like a lot of fun. Maybe drop some of the Hearthguard to beef up the Vulkites? Dunno. 

Auric Runefather (80)
- General
- Trait: Fury of the Fyreslayers 
- Artefact: Obsidian Coronet 
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
- Artefact: Ash-plume Sigil 
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- Wyrmslayer Javelins
- Artefact: Meteoric Axe 
Auric Runemaster (80)
Battlesmith (80)

10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (120)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (480)
- Poleaxes
10 x Auric Hearthguard (200)

Lords of the Lodge (90)
Warrior Kinband (90)
Greyfyrd Lodge (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

Use the Smiter to sneak the Aurics in. The Hearthguard, Battlesmith, and the Father stick close and deploy normally. The Runeson rides up and chucks all of his ranged ****** at the toughest monster he can find and get stuck in ASAP.

Think its a bad idea?

Ok, I have not yet played a game of AoS, but I plan on building a Fyreslayers list to play at AdeptiCon Championships. I don't have a lot of time and need to focus on 1 list. I would like opinions of how to spend the last of my points, or what changes to list or strategy I should do.

240 Son on Mag

330 30 VB

330 30VB

330 30VB

90 warrior kindband

80 runesmiter

80 runesmiter

200 Smiter on mag

this is 1680pts so far and the idea would be to tunnel 2 units of VB, with a short conga line heading back to Son and smiter on mags.  Use command for 3 dice drop low charge, 1 time per game re-roll failed wounds, and +8" throwing axe. Kindband gives double axe throw, so I can tunnel 60VB make 120 axe throws at 16" (hitting back line or mid line things hopefully) reroll the failed wound roll attacks. Then attempt charges at front line.

what do I do with last 320 points ?

2 5xJudicators for range? Or a 10 unit

a battle smith to walk up the board with stuff not tunneling (he is a priority target and will go down first if opponents have 1st turn, which could be a good thing not killing my mags?). Then 240pts for?

The more I think about it, I should probably take 1 or 2 battlesmiths, so my army can reroll saves. I probably won't get to choose to go first with my number of drops, so I should prepare to be shot at, 1 battlesmith 8" behind the 2 heroes on mags will be a great distance away from enemies at start if they are shooting, and another to be at front lines to move up quickly to try and get those tunneling units a reroll save is good too. Sound like a good plan? What now for last 160 if I take 2 smiths 

So what för you think of the Tom's fyreslayers list at the UK masters? I like it of course since it is almost a copy ? of mine. The weakness IMO is the lack of MW against some lists.

Runesfather

Battlesmith

2 x Runesmiters

3 x 30 Vulkites

30 Aurics

2 x 3 Skywardens

52 minutes ago, Andreas said:

So what för you think of the Tom's fyreslayers list at the UK masters? I like it of course since it is almost a copy ? of mine. The weakness IMO is the lack of MW against some lists.

Runesfather

Battlesmith

2 x Runesmiters

3 x 30 Vulkites

30 Aurics

2 x 3 Skywardens

This is a terrifying list.

Archived