Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

3 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Do you think the Start Collecting is a good value? It seems to be for me (but what do I know!) and I think it may be great for adding Fyreslayers to my Kharadron armada.

That's how I started too, and it accidentally turned into a full fledged army :)

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Do you think the Start Collecting is a good value? It seems to be for me (but what do I know!) and I think it may be great for adding Fyreslayers to my Kharadron armada.

The start collecting is a fantastic value for fyreslayers. They over priced the fyreslayers troop box and the start collecting was their way of going “oops, sorry” while holding onto that ridiculous Kirby era promise of never lowering prices 

Check out the Fyreslayers facebook group, there's also a thread on r/ageofsigmar.

Tried a couple games using the new rules they uploaded, and I'm really digging the command points and abilities with Fyreslayers.  I usually bring a runeson on foot, but never used his command ability because I felt it was was too much to give up on a squishy hero, now  he's like a more killy runesmiter that has to take the bus.

How well to we fair versus armies with wizards now? Has anyone experience with the new rules yet? It seem's like we aren't going to be doing so hot with our lack of summoning, lack of spells, and point increases. 

From the looks of it, the Ash Plume Sigil lets the hero automatically unbind one endless spell. That's something, I suppose. couldn't see if it was once per battle or not. 

Looks like we don't have an answer for any sort of summoning or casters (other than that artefact) which is a real shame. Only real hope now is that there is some change to the warscroll for Auric Runesmiter/Runemaster. Though, I do think that's unlikely.

Hello fyreslayers players. 

I got around 800p (just read that new points is coming out so perhaps 1000p after that) but I have hardly played or painted anything. Reason was that I love the models but thought when I started that the army was limited and most models looked the same real quick.

What I´m wondering now is after all changes, FAQ and new rules, are the fyreslayers more fun to play and is it worth to try to restart them?

1 hour ago, Ulfast said:

Ok, more then 24 hours since I posted. For me that seems it´s an answer to my questions. That they are not so fun to play and I should not restart them. 

Then I need to find something else, wonder what? :)

I wouldn’t take that as they’re not fun to play! People must be busy painting or gaming I’m sure. 

To answer your original question, since the allegiance abilities last year they’re quite fantastic fun. The latest rules and points changes don’t seem to have made a big difference to the army however, but that’s not a bad thing as they were considered top tier at tournaments. 

1 hour ago, Ulfast said:

Ok, more then 24 hours since I posted. For me that seems it´s an answer to my questions. That they are not so fun to play and I should not restart them. 

Then I need to find something else, wonder what? :)

I wouldn’t take that as they’re not fun to play! People must be busy painting or gaming I’m sure. 

To answer your original question, since the allegiance abilities last year they’re quite fantastic fun. The latest rules and points changes don’t seem to have made a big difference to the army however, but that’s not a bad thing as they were considered top tier at tournaments. 

So tell me more why they are fun! Are they tactical, fun to paint, are the fun for my opponent etc? I still feel for them and would very much like to play them but with there price, limited range and rules all over the place I´m wondering if I should really try them out or not?

I actually don't enjoy painting the units all too much. Small horde miniatures with gold engravings in their skin is not that enjoyable. The heroes and the magmadroth is a ton of fun to paint, though. Specifically, the Grimwrath Berserker and Battlesmith were fun.

As far as playing, teleporting a giant group of units behind your opponent and crushing them is loads of fun. This is what the Runesmiter does. Also, lots of rerolling failed wounds and hits with abilities and command abilities. The allegiance abilities are also great because you can pick and choose which one depending on the situation youre in.

Pretty enjoyable gameplay.

Morning all,

Thanks for all the great contributions made here over the last 18 months or so. It's been a solid thread, discussing the ups and downs of these naked ginger folk, but the time has now come for this to be locked as we move into the new edition. To continue the Beastclaw Raiders discussion, please head over here....

http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/18315-aos-2-fyreslayers-discussion/

Chris

Archived