Let's chat Fyreslayers

Nico

26 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I saw one that say Vulkites are at 120 per 10 with no horde discount. 360 for 30 which is a 30pts increase at max and points increase at minimum. 

Ya. looks like it. Can't pick out the warscroll battalions though but overall impact is: you'd have 10-30 vulkite berzerkers and/or one runesmither less at 2000 points .

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Qaz said:

Ya. looks like it. Can't pick out the warscroll battalions though but overall impact is: you'd have 10-30 vulkite berzerkers and/or one runesmither less at 2000 points .

Battalions went up from what ive seen other then the less popular ones which went down a bit

38 minutes ago, Bimli said:

where is everyone getting these point leaks? seems everything on the fyreskayers is going up...

KO (favourite units) went up, Fyreslayers went up, tzeentch went up about 20%, DoK battalions went up … it seems like anything that was popular went up.  

41 minutes ago, Qaz said:

KO (favourite units) went up, Fyreslayers went up, tzeentch went up about 20%, DoK battalions went up … it seems like anything that was popular went up.  

Yep cuz GW doesnt know how to balance anything and just goes off the tourney scene. All those Faction Focuses were complete ******. Look at Destruction. Points up all over the place. Except for BCR. 

nurgle is practically untouched. Only plaguetouched warband went up, and they're getting summoning. Nurgle is gonna be a power house. Seraphon also had few increases and some decreases. And LoN had battalions and just the black coach go up.

These three armies are going to stomp ****** in. Tzeentch might still as well, none of their previous nerfs have worked so far.

4 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Yep cuz GW doesnt know how to balance anything and just goes off the tourney scene. All those Faction Focuses were complete ******. Look at Destruction. Points up all over the place. Except for BCR. 

this isn't even them messing up based on the tournament scene. KO wasn't rocking people's ******. Nurgle IS and so is Seraphon, they are consistently placing in the top ten. And they are getting much stronger.

6 minutes ago, stratigo said:

this isn't even them messing up based on the tournament scene. KO wasn't rocking people's ******. Nurgle IS and so is Seraphon, they are consistently placing in the top ten. And they are getting much stronger.

A new season, a new meta...with Fyreslayers dropping out and possibly Tzeentch dropping a bit as well I think Death will be the new leaders as almost nothing across the entire Death alliance changed too much. BCR on the other hand..we might be seeing a throwback to the days of Age of Thundertusk

7 hours ago, Ruudy said:

From a video out there, new points in gh2018

Vulkites without discount
Runefather on foot +20
Battlesmith +40
Runesmitter +40

Battalions used goes up, not being used goes down

So that's all warscrolls I use in my tournament list except Aurics. ? But the Aurics stays the same with horde discount?

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Dont worry my friend, destruction players are going to start taking those cheapo thundertusks and stonehorns, and GW is going to grace them with a quick fix Errata :D

5 hours ago, blueshirtman said:

Dont worry my friend, destruction players are going to start taking those cheapo thundertusks and stonehorns, and GW is going to grace them with a quick fix Errata :D

It'll be a year before any points get balanced

43 minutes ago, stratigo said:

It'll be a year before any points get balanced

That's been my biggest concern. I'm new to wargaming, but it looks like they don't want to adjust points with FAQs so with GHB18 coming out at the same time as 2.0 it makes me think points won't be adjusted. I could be 100% incorrect though. This is all new to me. :P

Some lists / armies will allways be stronger than others but I think the points have been more "balanced" for every adjustment so I think this adjustment will be ok also when the dust have settled.

Anyway can anyone confirm which warscrolls that have adjusted points? Do anyone know if the allegiance or traits have changed also?

22 minutes ago, stratigo said:

Here's my prediction.

Fyreslayers are this year's BCR.

Sorry. Hope I'm wrong.

I doubt very much that is gonna happen considering that fyreslayers had some decent success when vulkites cost 160 for 10, aurics and hbs didn't get their huge mass reduction and fyreslayers had to cope with crappy order allegiance ability. We're only talking 30 points for vulkites and 40 for smiters/smiths. Try other heroes, think outside of the box. These point changes are not enough to transform fyreslayers from top tier to bottom tier force.

Personally (even though I know this is unpopular opinion among more competetive fyreslayer crowd) I like these point changes. They finally fix some of the glaring inner balance issues within fs army. First of all, vulkites cost increase lowers the gap between hbs, aurics and vulkites (and in all honesty, everyone basically agreed that vulkites were top tier battleline unit so I see these changes justified). Secondly, I always hated how they lowered 2 of the best heroes in army to be same cost as the other heroes. It basically ensured that none of the other heroes never saw any play. And once again, comparing smiters/smiths to other similar heroes in other armies (cough khemist 160 cough) those increases were again justified imo.

they made fyreslayers much weaker while massively buffing other armies. Nurgle was already, to my estimation, a stronger army than fyreslayer, and weren't nerfed repeatedly. On balance, I don't think fyreslayers are at all competitive any longer.

Also the khemist nerf was just GW bing dumb and deciding that dwarves really shouldn't play in the new meta.

Well I won more games than I lost with fyreslayers when they were much more expensive than they are now (I could afford three units with 20,15 and 15 vulkites ? back then) so I don't think the points adjustment by them selves will make them a bottom tier army, far from it. It will come down to what the new scenarios will look like and how the new rules will affect us.

But with that said I do think Nurgle is a bit to strong right now, together with DoK and maybe LoN.

I mean I’m looking at them and I just did the math. The list that placed 11th at the LVO loses the 6 skywardens and is at 2020 points. Definitely can still work.

I actually think you might see some magmadroths as it’s only 80 points more than a runesmiter on foot now

45 minutes ago, Karl said:

It’s awfully salty in here...

Wonderfully helpful comment. There's nobody as salty on this site as people who complain about the 'complainer boogeymen'.

7 hours ago, Pitloze said:

Less Vulkites actually means more people will play Fyreslayers. It will make them less expensive financially to start. And Vulkites can still carry their weight with fewer numbers.

£35 for ten Vulkites is still  pretty bad when the Deepkin infantry are £30 for ten. Although GW obviously realised they hit a price too high (shocking), we know they don't reduce prices, so I think we may eventually see a bundle of 20 for £60 or something. Maybe. 

I don't think we'll see an upswing of Fyreslayer players until there's more diversity in the model range. Even if they were less of a financial kick in the teeth, most people don't really want an army that is 95% nigh-identical naked Dwarf dudes.

I hope that with the way Dwarf armies are obviously going to suffer in an era of Endless Spells and Kharadrons being almost brokenly bad at this point (for a post-AoS modeline army anyway) we may see them put a priority on the Duradin once the initial AoS 2.0 launch hype is out of the way. The impression I get is that  Fyreslayers and Kharadrons sell extremely well to collectors, but they're not actually played too much (Kharadrons because they're a nightmare to transport with meh rules and Fyreslayers for the afore mentioned buy-in of £350 for identical naked Dwarfs) . I don't doubt GW will want to capitalise on that to bring out the best money from both worlds.

I am sure it is still a really strong army if you know how to play it.

Buy 2 SC to get 2 runesmiters of foot and a Runeson on magmadroth. Even if runesmiters on foot costs 40pt more it is because it is a really strong support hero.

Sometimes pure business and greed leaks into the GW design process and we get bad results, but I think that is far less common in GW's design. The real secret is that the designers... like certain armies. They're fans of an ascetic, model line, history. And the kicker is, I don't think dwarves have a fan in the rules writing staff, so they will get overlooked while armies the designers simply like better shine until the discrepancy is so bad that the designers go "Oh ******, we didn't mean to neglect them this much, we just had no passion for them"

22 hours ago, Andreas said:

I am sure it is still a really strong army if you know how to play it.

Buy 2 SC to get 2 runesmiters of foot and a Runeson on magmadroth. Even if runesmiters on foot costs 40pt more it is because it is a really strong support hero.

Do you think the Start Collecting is a good value? It seems to be for me (but what do I know!) and I think it may be great for adding Fyreslayers to my Kharadron armada.

Archived